• 50(current)
Post your setup pictures
If I'm understanding you correctly what you are looking for is an HDMI splitter and a pair of HDMI baluns (HDMI over single or dual CAT5e). You will want to check the range of your keyboard and mouse before investing in any new equipment.
I googled it and it says its 30 feet and the room on top of my living room the left room right next to that one is the bedroom im wondering if it will reach that distance
(2012-03-23, 03:39)bulletz Wrote: I googled it and it says its 30 feet and the room on top of my living room the left room right next to that one is the bedroom im wondering if it will reach that distance

Or if you have an iPhone you can use the "Logitech TouchMouse" app, free in the app store. All you have to do is install an application on you Pc/Mac that will act as a server (http://www.logitech.com/en-us/494/6367).

It works on wifi so your limitations are only as far as your network. I use it on my iPad and iPhone for all of the 3 set ups i have, a mixture of PC's and a Mac.
(2012-03-23, 03:39)bulletz Wrote: I googled it and it says its 30 feet and the room on top of my living room the left room right next to that one is the bedroom im wondering if it will reach that distance

If you're already thinking about getting a smartphone involved, there are a number of free and paid remote control apps for both iPhone and Android that do a great job controlling XBMC.
I never mentioned smartphone lol i was just talking about the wireless mouse and keyboard because itll be going to my parents room
How do you post pics? My little button wont do the img tags!

(2012-03-25, 18:07)tsiroadkill Wrote: How do you post pics? My little button wont do the img tags!

Most people use one of many image hosting sites and then embed the URL.

If I helped out pls give me a +

A bunch of XBMC instances, big-ass screen in the basement + a 20TB FreeBSD, ZFS server.
Here"s mine. Still have to build the rack but its more or less done now.
http://24.66.139.214/Crap/IMAG0345.jpg
if you put Image around the link then you end up with this:

Flirc now has a forum: forum.flirc.tv
@Bulletz: From what I understand, Bluetooth II devices are supposed to have much increased range over Bluetooth I devices. Whether it will be enough for what you need I don't know. Best idea is to test it with current kit and see if it works. As long as you don't have solid (concrete) floors it should pass between at least one floor OK.

I've detected my neighbours phone over BT (who lives below) but never tried a connection over that distance. Perhaps a wireless keyboard / mouse would be more ideal?
(2012-03-25, 20:44)pseudo7 Wrote: if you put Image around the link then you end up with this:

Thanks
tsiroadkill, what are you using s the screen?
Blackout cloth stretched over a 1x4 frame, it turned out real good. Cheap to build also.
Very good tutorial for a budget screen:
http://www.engadget.com/2006/08/29/how-t...or-screen/

DIY screens at avsforum:
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/forumdisp...1694&f=110

[/off topic] Wink
what kind of rack is this? fits perfectly in area and beautiful whole house setup.

(2012-01-19, 18:17)r1lee Wrote: Well this is almost all the XBMC machine's currently in my house. The only one that's not on here yet is my daughter's, ATV2.

Family Room
60" Sharp Quattron
Harmony 1100
Zotac E350 AD02 w/8GB Ram
- Mtron 32GB SLC SSD
- HP USB IR at bottom of screen
Cisco HD PVR

Kids Play Area
Yes I know you see the plugs, but initially a wall mount TV was supposed to go up. But my parents didn't want my JVC 70" HD-70FH97. So I gave them my 61" NEC Plasma and took this back.

JVC LCOS 70" HD-70FH97
Focus Audio FC70 Speakers
Focus Audio FCC Center Channel
2 * Emotiva X-ref12 stacked
Aperion Zona Wireless speakers for rears
Onkyo TX-NR709
PS3
Wii
Cisco HD PVR
Silverstone GD06 Case
-Asrock A75M-HVS w/8GB Ram
-Intel 160GB 320Series SSD
-Mtron MLC 32GB SSD, used for Temporary Windows and Internet Folders

Finally The HT ROOM
The Main system is located here, it has XBMC on it and feeds the rest of the house. Its the top machine on the Rack. All running Cat6a
Supermicro Case w/ 8 Hot Drive bays.
-Windows Home Server 2011
-Asus P8Z68-V/GEN3
-i3-2100T processor
-HIS 5750 Fanless 1GB
-2*128GB Mtron MLC SSD in Raid1
-Rocketraid 2720SGL
-4*2TB Drives in Raid 5 (3*2TB additiona for expanded storage or to replace).
Marantz AV7005
Oppo BDP-95
Belkin AVU1500
3 * Emotiva XPA-1
2 * Emotiva UPA-1
1 * Emotiva UPA-2
Focus Audio Prestige FP 80 Front L/R
Focua Audio Prestige FPC SE Center
Focus Audio Signatures FS78 Surround
Focus Audio Classic FC50 Rears
SVS PB13-Ultra
Panasonic PT-AE7000 Projector