• 56(current)
Post your setup pictures
Just to say to all that ye have some amazing setups!

I really do wish more pics were taken of the back room setups (the pcs/racks/cabling runs/Nas/Wifi setups) like the previous page... i dont know about anyone else on here... but seeing these gives fantastic ideas too!

Thanks all.
(2012-11-28, 02:02)jayzirl Wrote: Just to say to all that ye have some amazing setups!

I really do wish more pics were taken of the back room setups (the pcs/racks/cabling runs/Nas/Wifi setups) like the previous page... i dont know about anyone else on here... but seeing these gives fantastic ideas too!

Thanks all.

I agree. My wires could use some better management, so seeing other peoples pics helps. Here is one more of my utility room. I installed the kendall howard rack after we moved in 2.5 years ago. There was just the shallow white enclosure before. Those things are good for phone lines, but inadequate for the network cables and sat coax cables they had installed. I don't know why I went with the 16 port switch, since it is now full.
Here is my set up from my old house, wired for cat6. Again with the shallow enclosure so I installed a swing out rack for my equipment.
Kodi On HTPC: Dell Vostro slim 200 with W7 SP1, core 2 duo 1.6, 3G RAM, ASUS 6570 slim 1G with catalyst drivers. Synology NAS.
Duplicate displays: Dell 22" led monitor and Epson 5010 projector.
Kodi on Amazon fire stick.
(2012-11-28, 02:02)jayzirl Wrote: Just to say to all that ye have some amazing setups!

Thanks all.

I really think the flexible PVC tubing which you can see I am using in the pics posted on the previous page are great for cable management. Of course you would have to be building a home to use it, unless you just used it for an unfinished basement or something. The tubes that I use have strings running through them so when I need to run a cable I just tape a new string and the cable to the string that is already ran through and pull it up the tube. Some minor lubrication is also applied for longer distances but it works great. Can run a wire and have it set up in less than an hour to any room in the house from the hub downstairs.
(2010-01-26, 20:51)outleradam Wrote: Image

it looks like a family with the father in the right, the mother in the left and the child in the middle Big Grin Your collection makes a perfect combination!
Hello all!
This is a picture of my room before I made the switch from Boxee Box to an Acer Revo 3700 with XBMC. The Sony CD changer and Boxee Box were sold to fund the purchase of the Acer Revo 3700.

The equipment list is as follow: Marantz SR5005 receiver, Harman Kardon PA5800 5 channel amp, Acer Revo 3700 PC, PS3, Xbox 360, Verizon STB, Logitech Harmony 700 remote, Dynaudio Contour S1.4 front and center speakers, Dynaudio Audience 50 rear speakers. No subwoofer for now.
The TV is a 42" Vizio LCD.
Snapped a couple of crappy cell phone pics today.

I've unstuck this thread. You are welcome to keep posting here, but I encourage you to post in the new thread here.
how do you post pics in the thread?
(2012-12-18, 17:25)y2adre Wrote: how do you post pics in the thread?

You have to upload somewhere else, like imgur. Then you do the write up here, click "preview," and get sent to a new page with more options including image adding.
Thanks Nate.I know I posted this question in the old and new post your setup pictures threads. Wasnt sure which one everyone was using
This whole fireplace and media center area was designed by me and custom built by my brother. The TV is a 52" Sony LCD.

That's an Xbox 360 S Kinect mounted between the TV and cabinets.

Below this rack of components are 4 drawers that can hold about 300 DVD cases. The drawers hold mostly my action adventure, Disney DVD's, Blu-rays and box sets. The components making up this 7.1 sound system from top to bottom are: Xbox, VHS player, Dell PC, Cox cable box, LG DVD player, and the Receiver. I've listed the specs after all the pictures.

Lots of storage for DVD's and CD's in the cabinets below the TV. With close to 1,000 DVD's I copy most of my retail DVD's (originals are perfectly preserved this way) and then store them in storage tubs. The upper shelves in the cabinets hold hanging DVD sleeve cases as shown here. The drawers and hanging files make it a breeze to keep everything alphabetical. My Logitech K400 keyboard touchpad is resting on top of the DVD case.

I have a door on my patio to access a walk in media room behind the media center. This provides easy access to the back of the components and it's where my modem, router, NAS and stuff are. It also gives me some storage space. There's a small monitor mounted to the framing behind the LCD. A full keyboard and mouse are also available. I also use Radmin on my laptop to remote in.

Back of components

COMPONENTS AND SPECS
Sony LCD KDL52W3000
Xbox 360 S Model 1439
JVC VHS player HR-S7600U
Dell Vostro 220 Slim
Cox cable box
LG BD630 Blu-ray
Sony STRDA5300ES Receiver
Speakers (7.1): Mirage AVS-500 Series
Subwoofer: Velodyne VLF-1012
Monster Monster AVL300 Universal RF Remote with Omni RF extender & IR cables. (I don't use IR to control anything)

HTPC
Dell Vostro 220 Slim
Intel Core 2 Duo E7500 w/VT 2.93GHz
SAPPHIRE 100323-2L Radeon HD 6570 1GB
4GB RAM
Windows 7 Pro SP1 64-bit
Two 250GB 7200RPM Hard Drives
LG Blu-ray RW BH14
Logitech Wireless Touch Keyboard K400 with Built-In Multi-Touch Touchpad (920-003070)
Official XBMC Remote for iOS
Mobile Mouse from www.mobilemouse.com

EXTERNAL DRIVES
Micronet Fantom GreenDrive 2TB quad interface GD2000Q, 7200rpm
Synology DS411+II NAS with 2 4TB Hard Drives in Raid

Network
D-Link DIR-655 Wireless 802:11g/n Router
Netgear 8 port 10/100/1000 Mbps Switch GS608
Wired cat 6 throughout house

Logitech MX 5000 Laser Cordless Desktop Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse
I started out with this, but it wasn't ideal. The keyboard is large and takes 4 AA batteries. The Mouse has a separate powered docking bay. Even though the keyboard is turned off, it is constantly draining the batteries, so they don't last long. I just switched the Logitech K400 and so far it's very nice. No too large or too small. The only drawback, which I knew about before buying, is that the K400 isn't back-lit.

Logitech Touch keyboard K400
If you want to use the K400 with the Raspberry Pi, than you should read this post to learn how to get it working due to a timing issue.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=152136

Monster AVL300 Remote
I've had this since 2007. I also set up 3 others for family members. One button to turn everything on (including setting the inputs) and off is a necessity. The pairing isn't very intuitive and can be a real pain. It doesn't always send the command to every component at times. Pressing the Help button wizard will usually resolve the issue quickly, although at times it can take a while. It can also be challenging to get it rest into the charging cradle correctly. And the middle joystick falls off occasionally. I'm pretty sure that it's no longer made. When it dies, I'm looking forward to one of the Harmony models such as the 900!

Media Center UI
XBMC Eden
Aeon Nox v3.62
Cinema Experience

Scraping
I use Ember Media Manager to scrape all artwork and some trailers, etc. This way I'm not relying on AD or 3rd party site as much to always be available or work properly. Because many movies have the trailer on the DVD I extract them to use as high quality trailers from VOB's and then convert to mp4. I keep "VOB" in the name so I know it was created from the original. Many of my movies are OffLine, so I use the the EMM OffLine manager a lot.

I use a custom vbs script to create daily dated backups of XBMC as well as all artwork and trailers from Media Library. So the actual movie files (mp4, mkv, iso, etc) are ignored.
HTPC: Dell Optiplex 7050 SFF i7-7700 quad-core, 3.6GHz, 16GB
NAS: Synology DS1813+ and DX513, Hybrid RAID (SHR) 48TB usable space
My Media Center | www.CaptainKen.us | www.YouTube.com/KenInGilbert
(2013-01-27, 18:14)CaptainKen Wrote: This whole fireplace and media center area was designed by me and custom built by my brother. The TV is a 52" Sony LCD.

What a beautiful custom setup. I especially like the integration and the shared look with the fireplace.

Thx for the compliment @jordiboy! Family thought I was nuts at first when I described all the angles and wall set backs. This remodel had another benefit in that the master bedroom shower was behind the new media room so we were able to widen the shower by 10" by bringing into media room, which of course led to an entire bathroom remodel.

Here's two pics before the remodel.

Old fireplace was a bare to removal.

Notice how the wall above the mantel is actually set back to allow for a shelf for the wrap around mantel to sit on. I figure when the time comes I'll be able to update TV to no more that a 65" in that space. If you look closely you'll see that bathroom wall I mentioned.
HTPC: Dell Optiplex 7050 SFF i7-7700 quad-core, 3.6GHz, 16GB
NAS: Synology DS1813+ and DX513, Hybrid RAID (SHR) 48TB usable space
My Media Center | www.CaptainKen.us | www.YouTube.com/KenInGilbert
Photo 

Nothing special- here are my two 7.2 and 3.1 home theater systems.....

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
  • 56(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Post your setup pictures7