[LINUX] Playback from a NTFS formatted USB HDD in XBMC Live?
Hi I have an Acer Revo 3610 setup running XBMC Live 9.11. I used the handy guide from the forums to set it up. I have had it running for the last few months without any problems.
However I have connected an Iomega 1TB NTFS formatted USB HDD to it over the weekend. Access and mounting the drive works fine but when I play a video file (AVI, MP4 or M4V) After a few minutes the video file pauses and I can’t do anything with XBMC. Stop, menu, power off nothing works. As soon as I turn off the Iomega drive XBMC come back to life. When this happensThe access light on the Iomega is flashing away like crazy when this happens.
Does anyone have any ideas as to what i have done wrong
Thanks in advance for the help
ok stupid question sorry
Why do you say 'stupid question'? I am having the same problems with my external (ntfs-formatted) hard drives. Whenever I am playing video files from these usb-drives, XBMC tends to lock up after 10 to 30 minutes. Powering off the external drive is the only solution at that point...
Kodi v17 "Krypton" Beta 6 running on Amazon Fire TV (2014) with FLIRC receiver.
Thats what I'm getting

In the online manual there is some information about how xbmc access the usb HDD it seams to work fine with small USB keys but not larger drives.

I might has to go a get a nas
Is there a solution for this problem?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] Playback from a NTFS formatted USB HDD in XBMC Live?0