Alaska Splash screen
So I assume they aren't doing nightly Live builds?
ASRock ION 330 • XBMC Live 10 • Harmony One Remote • MCE IR Sensor • 6TB NAS
Hmm, I think you are correct in that. Damn, I was looking for a more recent build myself as well.
TheDuffMan Wrote:Hmm, I think you are correct in that. Damn, I was looking for a more recent build myself as well.

this thread will show you how to upgrade to the latest svn: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=54350
Hey hitcher is the size always the same no matter what ?

I made an splash screen to match the color in Alaska but not matter how big I make the splash.png the size on the XBMC is always the same.

clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
reaven Wrote:Hey hitcher is the size always the same no matter what ?

I made an splash screen to match the color in Alaska but not matter how big I make the splash.png the size on the XBMC is always the same.

I asked the same in this thread, and it looks like it's part of XBMC - they said we could change the code and recompile, but I don't know how to do that either.
Pretty simple to compile the code. Grab the latest from git://xbmc.git.sourceforge.net/gitroot/xbmc/xbmc and use the makefile. It's all in the wiki.

The splash.png is 720p so why not just expand the detail of the image to encompass the entire canvas. Limits you to a black background.
I updated to latest svn today . Before doing so I had a red circle with a white x just before Alaska homescreen shows. I thought updating would fix it.

is the red circle/white x a sign no splash is found?
I put splashh.png (from first post here, is the name correct or a typo?) in xbmc/.xbmc/media/ which was empty.Didnt work. also renamed to splash.png and rebooted but still no luck.
It's the 'No mouse' icon - just disable Mouse control in the Settings.
Thanks! I thought it was related to splash
Hi all,

I played around with photoshop this afternoon and this was the end result:

Not completely minimalistic but I'm quite happy with it anyway...
Feel free to grab if you want!

Best regards,
erikss0n
| Thermaltake DH101 | Gigabyte GA-73PVM-S2H | 2.13GHz INTEL Core2Duo E6400 | 2GB Corsair XMS2 | 5TB Storage | Integrated sound + nV7100 + MSI GT210 | WIN7 + XBMC Dharma 10.0 + Transparency! |
Love that one!
I am getting the same on PC, but I do have a mouse connected and the pointer works, any ideas?

Hitcher Wrote:It's the 'No mouse' icon - just disable Mouse control in the Settings.
stealthdave Wrote:I am getting the same on PC, but I do have a mouse connected and the pointer works, any ideas?

Not really "no mouse icon" as in "no mouse is connected", but rather "no mouse icon" as in "there is no mouse cursor image". This is since Alaska wasn't meant to be used with a mouse - use your keyboard or remote.
Fair enough. Thanks.

filigran Wrote:Not really "no mouse icon" as in "no mouse is connected", but rather "no mouse icon" as in "there is no mouse cursor image". This is since Alaska wasn't meant to be used with a mouse - use your keyboard or remote.
Here's another ALASKA splash screen I posted earlier but which disappeared for some unknown reason!

Use as you like!
| Thermaltake DH101 | Gigabyte GA-73PVM-S2H | 2.13GHz INTEL Core2Duo E6400 | 2GB Corsair XMS2 | 5TB Storage | Integrated sound + nV7100 + MSI GT210 | WIN7 + XBMC Dharma 10.0 + Transparency! |

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Alaska Splash screen0