[RELEASE] MediaStream v1.60 (2010-01-26)
Thumbs Up 
This should have been released a few days ago but I've been caught up with some ideas I'm working on for a new skin.

There's been a few changes since the release of v1.50 and a number of fixes too. The main changes are as follows:
  • Added: Fanart for music
  • Added: the ability to show weather fanart (needs weather fanart images to be placed in the custom weather backgrounds folder)
  • Added: ability to display weather fanart on Weather screen as well as Home screen
  • Added: ability to display animated weather on home (requires animated weather images to be setup in an icons folder off of the custom weather backgrounds folder)
  • Added: full screen versions of the Home screen backgrounds
  • Updated: skin now uses a single multiimage for the backgrounds on the Home screen
  • Updated: added year to Video OSD for episodes (was going to add air date but that's not available)
  • Updated: tidied up the display on the File Manager screen
  • Updated: tidied up transition from File Manager screen back to Home screen
  • Updated: tidied up positioning of progress bars on scan dialogs
  • Updated: Chinese (Simple) translations (thanks to taxigps)
  • Updated: Spanish translation (thanks to nabz)
  • Updated: Greek translation (thanks to ydatografida)
  • Fixed: conditions for displaying the various parts of the video OSD
  • Fixed: Don't display watched/unwatched overlay in List view or Info List view when viewing seasons data
  • Fixed: made sure progress bar does not appear when full screen video is not being viewed
  • Fixed: animations on Home screen
  • Fixed: issues with options for weather on Home screen
  • Removed: options to set a single custom background image for any of the screens (if you want a single image then place that image in a folder and set the folder)
  • Removed: all the split images that used to be used for the default backgrounds

You can download the skin at the following link - MediaStream v1.60
Follow development of MediaStream, MiniMeedia and other skins on Twitter (@skunkm0nkee)
Latest Movies on Home:

Weather Fanart:

Media Preview view with media flags:

New layout for Episodes view for unwatched episodes:

Episodes layout for watched episodes:
Follow development of MediaStream, MiniMeedia and other skins on Twitter (@skunkm0nkee)
Thanks for the updates.

Edit:

Working on new skin........... you made me curious.
Explain give me a teaser/hint.
I've updated the first post with the proper download link now.

Please post feedback if you do try it. Thanks

PS The new skin is still in the very early stages but I want to concentrate more on TV Shows/Episodes and Music on this one as I feel that most skins create some fantastic views for Movies but not so many for TV or Music.
Thanks for the updates!
I'll download it now and test it on my Xbox.
Will try to upload (tonight) Mediastream-x(box) based on version 1.6 Wink
Hi again
i'm using mediastream 1.60 on my xbox, using Spanish language
As I can see there's an error with the localized strings caused by UTF-8 vs ANSI.
Please change the Strings.xml file for this one.

Spanish Strings.xml

Edit: Added new strings (Show animated Weather / Show Weather fanart) and changed string 31710.
nabz Wrote:Hi again
i'm using mediastream 1.60 on my xbox, using Spanish language
As I can see there's an error with the localized strings caused by UTF-8 vs ANSI.
Please change the Strings.xml file for this one.

Spanish Strings.xml

Edit: Added new strings (Show animated Weather / Show Weather fanart) and changed string 31710.

Your file has now been added to SVN. Thanks
There are 2 little things....

Sort by rating for music doesn't work. This is very strange.. should be method id 23 but somehow it works now for movies and not for music anymoreConfused
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=62146

Custom Background Previews for weather does not work.
Nice job!

Is there a way to force the plot to be shown for unwatched episodes? I have that option ticked off in the settings, but it doesn't seem to be working.

Any ideas?
Oops a bit late but weather fanart doesn't work at all.

edit: Hmm it does work if u enable in skinsettings homescreen "show Weather fanart"

This option should be in General.

I implemented as: Show Weather fanart in home screen.
Waffa Wrote:There are 2 little things....

Sort by rating for music doesn't work. This is very strange.. should be method id 23 but somehow it works now for movies and not for music anymoreConfused

Will have to look into that (I very rarely use music).

bash1979 Wrote:Nice job!

Is there a way to force the plot to be shown for unwatched episodes? I have that option ticked off in the settings, but it doesn't seem to be working.

Any ideas?
I forgot about the XBMC setting for plot but it will be picked up and used (as you suggest) in the next release.

Waffa Wrote:Oops a bit late but weather fanart doesn't work at all.

edit: Hmm it does work if u enable in skinsettings homescreen "show Weather fanart"

Makes sense, I'll move that setting for the next release.

As you can probably see I didn't get to do much serious testing this time around but thanks for the feedback and hopefully I can get a new release out in the next few days. If you find any more issues please post the details and I'll see what I can do. Wink
hello, is it possible to make the scrolling of the wall stream or the panel stream a little smoother by using the preloaditems tag in the panel container? It is really jerky right now.

Thanks!
Waffa Wrote:There are 2 little things....

Checked the xbmc code and I think sort by song rating is id 25. Have updated the code in SVN accordingly.

Waffa Wrote:Oops a bit late but weather fanart doesn't work at all.

I've updated the code so that the Weather fanart setting is now under General.

benobi Wrote:hello, is it possible to make the scrolling of the wall stream or the panel stream a little smoother by using the preloaditems tag in the panel container? It is really jerky right now.

Thanks!
Nice one! I never knew about the preloaditems tag at all so have gone through all the views that have images in the container (such as Wall Stream and Panel Stream) and have now updated the code to do background loading and pre-loading of images so hopefully that will run a bit smoother for you.

I don't have a usable version of XBMC here at the moment so I haven't tested any of these code changes but I'll be testing them over the next few days to make sure they work before making another release.

Thanks again for the feedback and if anyone has any other issues/suggestions please let me know and I'll see what I can do.
Pictures custom backgrounds is not working for home screen.

Edit : Yeah it is id 25 sort by rating works fine now, thanks.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] MediaStream v1.60 (2010-01-26)1