Auto-updating a single source
Hi,

I've read the posts on using a cron job to automatically clean the library and then set it to scan for new content.

In my situation, I have multiple sources, and I only want to scan one of them.

The reason is my source with archived tv shows has about 20,000 episodes, and I only want it scan a different source that has new files.

How can this be done?

Do I use UpdateLibrary(SOURCENAME) or UpdateLibrary(ABSOLUTEPATH)?

Will it recursively search all the subdirectories there? (I usually keep the current season of a show in the incoming directory until the end of the season then move it to the archive source)
I have a similar setup to this and use two tv sources. One for currently airing and the other for archived shows.

For the archived shows source, in content scanning options set "exclude path from library updates".

This will prevent it being checked with the main library is updated.
I was hoping to be able to trigger scans of individual sources, so I could for example have the incoming directory scanned every hour or so, and the archive source scanned weekly.

if I set it to be ignored in the scans, then I won't be able to auto trigger the scans when files are moved from incoming to archived.
You can pass a path to the UpdateLibrary function. Coupled with cron you have everything you need.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Auto-updating a single source0