regression? shoutcast streams don't work anymore
hello all,

could anyone confirm shoutcast streams are not working anymore at revision 27219?
as far as i remember it stopped working 3 days ago, when something was committed to a mms related source file.

what happens in detail:

- select a stream of your choice to start playback
- xbmc does not playback or anything else

Debug Log: http://pastebin.com/m4a17a94b

regards,
einhänder
Sound from shoutcast stream worked from the start with a version installed 3 weeks ago under vista.
It does not work with version R26018 installed today under ubuntu 9.10
I'm using XBMC on AppleTV and I can confirm that Shoutcast hasn't worked with the last few nightly builds. I believe that the last build that worked was r27156.
ok, thanks so far. so i'm not alone. Smile

@devs:
is this a known issue atm? i couldn't gather any related information on trac. if it is not, i would go on and file a new bug on trac.
I am noticing this too with the recent svn versions. I'm using xbmc live installation with self compiled xbmc svn version..
Looks like a bug report was filed for this four days ago. It doesn't look like there's been much progress yet.

I listen to SomaFM on XBMC all the time. Hopefully this will get fixed soon!
not true. i spent hours tracking this bugger, but got pissed and haven't had time to look at it since. i know what the bug is, i know several workarounds but workarounds are not how to do it in svn. so there has been progress, just not success.
hey all,

seems to work again at revision 27495.
thanks a lot spiff!
did you temporarily workaround things or did you find a solid fix finally?
Sorry, spiff, no insult intended. My comment about no progress was based solely on the ticket, which at the time hadn't been updated for a few days. einhänder is correct, though. I just loaded up r27500 and Shoutcast streams work again! Thanks for the effort, spiff, we all appreciate it!
AAC encoded Shoutcast stations don't work for me anymore with latest revisions. I am using digital (spdif) connection to my AV rec.
Guys, I lost the plot Cool

Where do I get latest revisions?

I'm using xbmc 9.11, regulary downloaded from the xbmc website. I installed the Mac version on a MacBook ond the LiveCD version on an ASUS EeePC 701 4G.

My expirience:
  • Shoutcast streams work in xbmc on the MacBook
  • Shoutcast streams do NOT work in xbmc on the ASUS EeePC
This was fixed lately. Please upgrade to a more recent version (nightly build) of XBMC.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
vdrfan Wrote:This was fixed lately. Please upgrade to a more recent version (nightly build) of XBMC.

Thanx, but I checked http://mirrors.xbmc.org/nightlies/live/ today and there was nothing. The directory is empty.
XBMC Live is not build on a regular basis. Please search the forums for instructions on how to upgrade XBMC running a Live installation.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
regression? shoutcast streams don't work anymore0