Is there any way to get XBMC to ignore .nfo files?
I have a lot of moves that have "scen" .nfos which contains IMDB links.
The problems is that IMDB threats some of my moves as TV-series, because there are a lot of sequels.
Because of that, I'd rather like to use the filmdelta.se scraper which has them listed as separate movies instead. But XBMC automatically reads the links from the .nfos and picks the info from IMDB no matter how I try to change the scraping options.

I tested to remove the .nfo files completely, and when I do that, I get the correct data from filmdelta.
But I want to keep the .nfo files since they sometimes contains some useful info.

So, is there any way to get XBMC to ignore the .nfo files?
I don't care if it does it on all movies since the scrapers catches almost all of them from the folder name anyway.

Thanks'
Remove the link from them?
or rename them
Will look at it later today. It's "just" missing the <NfoUrl> part.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
I know I can remove the link in them or rename them, but that would screw up the torrent if I'm still seeding them.
It's also an awful lot of work to do on 50-60 movies that are saved quite randomly over 15 HDDs on two computers Tongue.

I was hoping there was just something you could add in advancedsettings.xml (like an <excludefromscan> tag on all *.nfo files) or another easy trick.

Would be great if you find a solution vdrfan Smile, thanks'.
Sorry, just had a quick look and there's no way to add a 'imdb id to filmdelta' function. If you find a way to map the filmdelta id or url to imdb id let me know.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
OK, to bad Sad.
I'll guess I just delete all of them then, and hope I don't need them Tongue.

Thanks' anyway.
If your using windows use the search and search nfo then delete all the nfo's from the search window with select all re scrape then restore the deleted nfo's, it would be quick and simple

Pretty sure that would work until you find a better solution
>>X<<' Wrote:If your using windows use the search and search nfo then delete all the nfo's from the search window with select all re scrape then restore the deleted nfo's, it would be quick and simple

Pretty sure that would work until you find a better solution

I've already tried that. Problem is that XBMC rescrapes them using the .nfo IMDB info on startup again. So to get that to work I have to manually change the setting for every folder with one of those movies to "Ignore this folder when scanning".

But I used the Windows search to find all the .nfos and moved them to another folder and told the torrent software to ignore those files. That has to do for now.
Yeah I wasn't sure if that would happen or not, you probably could have just removed the http:// from all the nfo's at once using Notepad++ leaving the rest of the url in the nfo, assuming xbmc needs the http:// to work
you could get ember media manager. It will allow you to scrape the nfo and then edit it afterwards in a gui. also grabs fanart and posters from moviedb

hope this helps,
D
Just rename the .nfo files to a .txt extension. xbmc won't pick them up, and you keep the useful information. It does affect your torrents though.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is there any way to get XBMC to ignore .nfo files?0