[LINUX] Modifying remote control keymaps
I'd like to be able to find out how to determine what code is being sent by my remote control to the IR reciever. I have a radioshack universal control and have most functions working ok. I was able to "teach" the universal control a lot of the keys on my MCE remote, but unfortunately the left and right arrow keys are not programmable on this remote.

What I would like to do is the capture what the universal remote is sending when I press right and left so that I can then modify my lirc keymap file to accept those codes for right and left. Otherwise I'll have to assign two other keys on the remote for right and left, which is ackward.

I played around with irw and got it to display the remote control codes on the screen, but it only shows keys it recognizes from MCE remote keymap. Any other codes sent by the remote are ignored or not displayed on screen. Is there a way to display in a raw format what the ir reciever is picking up?
Look up http://www.lirc.org/html/help.html

irrecord funciton specifically, this will create a new code file for your remote.
Just a heads up. Make sure you understand whether your remote is sending remote codes or keyboard codes. I have an "MCE compatible" remote, and it sends only keyboard codes. I chased that one for quite a while before I finally figured it out. Confused

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] Modifying remote control keymaps0