XBMC version to use Alaska?
Which version of XBMC do I need to run Alaska? Is XBMC 9.11 (final) fine or do I need a version from SVN?
You need latest svn if I'm not mistaken
It not like back when there was a big SVN update before Camelot and if you didn't have a recent versions all your backdrops wouldn't work and you just get a black background.

I tried this new version for 10min with Camelot, everything seemed fine. I saw Hitcher asking and getting some fadelabel requests in the Skin development forum.

Anyways I'm on r27125 and seems good so far...
Im running this on Camelot and the latest build. The differences were minimal on the Camelot build. One problem I noticed was the alignment of text when running through certain file views. But for the most part, using Camelot is fine.
Maybe Hitcher can tell us which version is fine or recommended?
SVN commit 26741 was the last important one (anything lower and you'll have labels positioned wrongly) but I also used 26995 for the debug mode.
How much effort would it be to make some changes to make it work on Camelot? I use my machine every day and the experience I had with previous SVN versions isn't that nice..
I am using it with the final release of Camelot, and i don't notice any issues?
could you guys point out the issues you're having using the last stable release of Camelot instead of the latest SVN? cause i would really like to see if it makes a difference.
Fractal Design Node 304 | Intel i3-3225 | Gigabyte H77N-WiFi | 4GB RAM | Intel HD 4000
Samsung UE55F6500 | Denon AVR-X2000 | Infinity Reference MKII 5.1 + Quadrapole
Kodi 17.1 Kryptonite | Arctic : Zephyr
m404 Wrote:I am using it with the final release of Camelot, and i don't notice any issues?
could you guys point out the issues you're having using the last stable release of Camelot instead of the latest SVN? cause i would really like to see if it makes a difference.

Hitcher Wrote:Yes, I did say you'll need the latest SVN of XBMC for all the new features and this is one of them.

And when I look at this one: http://www.xbmc.org/trac/changeset/26741 and Hitcher's comment I think in Camelot you won't see the fade effects. Not that this makes a big difference but I feel pity if I can't use Alaska anymore when svn becomes very unstable for daily usage

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC version to use Alaska?0