[LINUX] gnome-screensaver inhibiting
Hi, I'm using ubuntu 9.10 and yesterday installed xbmc from team-xbmc ppa and now I think it great pice of software Smile But I wonder, why gnome-screensaver don't inhibited during playing like other players do? Turning off screensaver manually before starting xbmc or doing it through scripts simply not right. Is this common problem or it's "just for me"? Thanks.
Well, this won't do it 'dynamically,' but it will solve the problem. Add this line to your xorg.conf file in the monitor section.

Quote: Option "DPMS" "FALSE"
------------------------------------------
Dharma Quick Setup Guide:
XBMC tips on the TechNazgul Blog
myrison Wrote:Well, this won't do it 'dynamically,' but it will solve the problem. Add this line to your xorg.conf file in the monitor section.

Hmm, no luck... Also again why so "hackish"? Judging by gnome-screensaver logs totem using dbus method org.gnome.ScreenSaver.Inhibit, adding inhibitor on playing/unpausing and deleting inhibitor on stopping/pausing. Although I do not know the xbmc sources, I am pretty sure - this is not a big problem to implement same behavior.
I'm not saying mine is the only solution. There may be a less hackish way to do it.

Did you stop gnome and restart after changing Xorg before testing again? Your x session has to reload for the new settings to take effect. (or just reboot if you're not sure how to restart gdm)
<duplicate post>
myrison Wrote:Did you stop gnome and restart after changing Xorg before testing again? Your x session has to reload for the new settings to take effect. (or just reboot if you're not sure how to restart gdm)

Yep. And even trying to do 'xset -dpms'.
Weird, what can I say, your screen saver has super-powers. Smile
Damn, xbmc too good to throw it because this bug Smile I'll try to see what I can do with normal gnome-screensaver inhibition. If so, where and to whom I can send patches for reviewing?
File them on TRAC. Good luck.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] gnome-screensaver inhibiting0