[MOD] MediaStream-x(box) v1.6
Would you mind to rename/delete the skin and download it again.
Ok, CLICK HERE to see my log.

This weekend I will try to rename the folder E:\APPS\XBMC and i reinstall every (without scripts/plugins etc..etc...) to see if the problem persist...

I found a bug that still exists with all versions. And it is on the LCD. What happens is that if I go into the system information page, the contrast of the display is reset so I don't see anything. Same thing if I activate the option that show the system information picture in the home. Who can I report this error?
My XBOX:
modded by X-Bit Chip - Serial interface - LCD 16x4 White on Blue - HD/Network activity blue led - Transparent Jewel with 8 leds - 64MB of additional RAM - DVDROM LG-8163b - XIR v2 powered by XBMC and MediaStream Redux
KymyA Wrote:Ok, CLICK HERE to see my log.

This weekend I will try to rename the folder E:\APPS\XBMC and i reinstall every (without scripts/plugins etc..etc...) to see if the problem persist...

I found a bug that still exists with all versions. And it is on the LCD. What happens is that if I go into the system information page, the contrast of the display is reset so I don't see anything. Same thing if I activate the option that show the system information picture in the home. Who can I report this error?

It's better that you start a thread for your problem. It doesn't belong in this thread and more people can help. And post the log in pastebin !

Looked into your log. I'm not an expert in reading logfiles but looks normal.
Maybe the 6 sec. of dialog busy for DVDplayer is a bit long.
Mplayer takes 4 seconds progress dialog and 2 sec dialog busy together also 6 sec.

Btw: Big Grin your log does confirm that xbmc doesn't use the extra 64MB

Don't know how you install xbmc on your xbox but I would recommend that you do a fresh install (not overwrite !!!) and start testing with everything default. Also means PM III skin
Add a little source and see how the movies (try more) plays in filemode.
After that add to library and test again.
Test info screen for contrast etc.
Add your plugins and see if the still crash your system.

Everything ok try another skin etc. etc.
Hi Waffa,
thanks for your mod. Works like a charm on my old brick.

May it possible to disable the "watch your" strings in the home screen? There used to be that function, but I can't find it anymore (maybe it was in the redux).

cheers
hansen
You can simply mod this by yourself. Customize Home.xml
Disable label2 <!-- --> or delete.

Example: See line 821

Code:
<item id="7">
              <description>Power Button</description>
              <label> $LOCALIZE[31007] </label>
[color=red]<!--[/color]          <label2> $LOCALIZE[31017] </label2> [color=red]-->[/color]
              <thumb>$INFO[Skin.String(CustomPowerBGFolder)]</thumb>
              <icon>HomeBGPower.png</icon>
              <onclick>XBMC.ActivateWindow(ShutdownMenu)</onclick>
            </item>

All other menu buttons are below the Power Button.Wink
Waffa Wrote:It's better that you start a thread for your problem. It doesn't belong in this thread and more people can help. And post the log in pastebin !

Looked into your log. I'm not an expert in reading logfiles but looks normal.
Maybe the 6 sec. of dialog busy for DVDplayer is a bit long.
Mplayer takes 4 seconds progress dialog and 2 sec dialog busy together also 6 sec.

Btw: Big Grin your log does confirm that xbmc doesn't use the extra 64MB

Don't know how you install xbmc on your xbox but I would recommend that you do a fresh install (not overwrite !!!) and start testing with everything default. Also means PM III skin
Add a little source and see how the movies (try more) plays in filemode.
After that add to library and test again.
Test info screen for contrast etc.
Add your plugins and see if the still crash your system.

Everything ok try another skin etc. etc.

Thanks for the support... i think that i will start a new thread. Yesterday I have installed a new fresh installation in E:\XBMC2, i changed the evoxdash.cfg from E:\XBMC\default.xbe to E:\XBMC2\default.xbe and started the new one. I have noticed some strange effects and, after some reboot, the new installation won't start... i must start a new thread because the problem is not a "skin" problem... Sad

Now I will try to do a fresh installation of XBMC on F:; before I will delete the contents of the folders E:\CACHE; X:\; Y:\; Z:\ and delete the files E:\UDATA\0face008 and E:\TDATA\0face008 ...
My XBOX:
modded by X-Bit Chip - Serial interface - LCD 16x4 White on Blue - HD/Network activity blue led - Transparent Jewel with 8 leds - 64MB of additional RAM - DVDROM LG-8163b - XIR v2 powered by XBMC and MediaStream Redux
Cheers for the updated xbox Mediastream skin/mod, I appreciate the effort of all involved.

Am having one small problem though... when I browse my TVShows, the fan art is displayed full screen. Before updating, I always used to use the 'Show fanart on tv wall' option, to only have the fanart display in the 'tv screen'. However now, the fanart displays in the 'tv screen', on top of a full screen picture of the same fanart. Am I missing the option to prevent this happening? I cannot see it in the skin settings. I am using the 'Wide' view for my tv shows. Apologies if I am missing something obvious.

Also, from reading previous posts, is it now recommended to define custom folders for the home screen backgrounds rather than use those defined in textures.xpr, in terms of optimising free memory?

I would be grateful for any help you can provide
Great skin Waffa!
My 2 cents: Hide some views to start with at least 35 Mb free RAM.
thedirtyshark Wrote:Before updating, I always used to use the 'Show fanart on tv wall' option, to only have the fanart display in the 'tv screen'. However now, the fanart displays in the 'tv screen', on top of a full screen picture of the same fanart. Am I missing the option to prevent this happening? I cannot see it in the skin settings. I am using the 'Wide' view for my tv shows. Apologies if I am missing something obvious.

So, from my limited knowledge and digging around, I see that the following is now missing from the tvshows options in custom1001_skinsettings.xml file:

<control type="radiobutton" id="275">
<description>Show Fanart on TV Show List</description>
<label>$LOCALIZE[31670] $LOCALIZE[31677]</label>
<onclick>Skin.ToggleSetting(ShowFanartOnTVList)</onclick>
<selected>Skin.HasSetting(ShowFanartOnTVList)</selected>
<include>GeneralSkinOption</include>
</control>

which I'm guessing is the option that I used to use to only see the fanart on the tvscreen not fullscreen behind my list of tvshows. I've tried blindly putting it back into the custom1001_skinsettings.xml but, no suprises, it didn't work. Can anyone direct me to reinstate this option to this skin's settings?
Ok, i have formatted my xbox. Reflashed the bios and all works ok. One things: why the video mediaflag icon are wrong?
If (example) i play some seconds of Surrogates in HD (720p / DTS / 2.35:1) i see the 4:3 icon? What's wrong? I don't remember which build of XBMC i have installed... i suppose the 27884...
Tonight i will install the latest sshcs nightybuild and see if the bad video flag remains...

(i use this beautiful skins... with only one mod: i have removed the audio text on volume bar. Not the db indication but the device output string)
My XBOX:
If it's a bug please post in MediaStream thread.

thedirtyshark Wrote:So, from my limited knowledge and digging around, I see that the following is now missing from the tvshows options in custom1001_skinsettings.xml file:

<control type="radiobutton" id="275">
<description>Show Fanart on TV Show List</description>
<label>$LOCALIZE[31670] $LOCALIZE[31677]</label>
<onclick>Skin.ToggleSetting(ShowFanartOnTVList)</onclick>
<selected>Skin.HasSetting(ShowFanartOnTVList)</selected>
<include>GeneralSkinOption</include>
</control>

which I'm guessing is the option that I used to use to only see the fanart on the tvscreen not fullscreen behind my list of tvshows. I've tried blindly putting it back into the custom1001_skinsettings.xml but, no suprises, it didn't work. Can anyone direct me to reinstate this option to this skin's settings?
`

Yep you also need to bring the option back in home.xml Wink
Waffa Wrote:If it's a bug please post in MediaStream thread.

`

Yep you also need to bring the option back in home.xml Wink

ok, i'm stumped as to where/how i need to bring this back, little more of a hint?
Smile Next hint, use the search function in text editor and search in home.xml (old skin) for:
Skin.HasSetting(ShowFanartOnTVList)

This will lead you to the part you need to copy Wink
Waffa Wrote:Smile Next hint, use the search function in text editor and search in home.xml (old skin) for:
Skin.HasSetting(ShowFanartOnTVList)

This will lead you to the part you need to copy Wink

Cheers, although can't find 'Skin.HasSetting(ShowFanartOnTVList)' in home.xml of the old skin (a version of the skin that I know contains that option). Is that definately the text to search for? Thanks for the help Waffa, i appreciate it
Sorry had something else in mind but you need to search for
'Skin.HasSetting(ShowFanartOnTVList)'
In includes.xml

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] MediaStream-x(box) v1.60