HOW-TO post in the "Tips, Tricks, and HOW-TO (Step-by-Step Guides)" section?
Information 
I have spent the last few weeks creating a guide (and setting up my system of course) that details how to configure your system using XBMC, BeyondTV, EventGhost and a firefly remote.

However when I try to post in the "XBMC Tips, Tricks, and HOW-TO (Step-by-Step Guides)" it tells me I don't have the authorization. Problem is there are not forum rules that tell you how you get authorization.

Can someone clue me in? Thanks Smile
You post in the windows section and if it's applicable it will be moved there by a mod.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

You'll have more luck being moved if you actually ask in the post.
Cool! Thanks folks Smile
If you happen to be running Windows 7, you could always use this guide to share your files. If you have your media hosted on a NAS, everything should be ready to go in the first place. And if you are attempting to share using an Apple or Linux server, I’ll trust you to find guides for sharing plastered around the net.
(2012-09-06, 12:26)Jhony Wrote: If you happen to be running Windows 7, you could always use this guide to share your files. If you have your media hosted on a NAS, everything should be ready to go in the first place. And if you are attempting to share using an Apple or Linux server, I’ll trust you to find guides for sharing plastered around the net.
Welcome to the XBMC forums.

What guide are you referring to? Your post seems totally out of context, are you responding to a particular post? Responding to a 2.5 year-old thread seems a bit odd, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. Wink

Hi i want to make a addon/plugin for a turkey homepage with movies, where should i look, cant find anything, thanks ( sorry for bad english)
check this link:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Uno...positories

enjoy it bro
Please keep this thread on-topic, which is how to get a guide you've written added to this forum (Tips, tricks and step by step guides). Questions on anything else should be posted in the appropriate topical (sub)forum or in General Help and Support. Thanks.
I have just download and installed the XBMC but for some reason unable to open the program. It show a "Unable to create GUI Exiting" error message. Can someone pls help?
(2013-09-28, 08:16)pchoo Wrote: I have just download and installed the XBMC but for some reason unable to open the program. It show a "Unable to create GUI Exiting" error message. Can someone pls help?

This post is off-topic for this thread. Please post in the appropriate support forum. Better yet, use the forum SEARCH function and search for the text string you posted in quotes above and you should find many hits.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW-TO post in the "Tips, Tricks, and HOW-TO (Step-by-Step Guides)" section?3