[REQUEST] Now Playing OSD?
Lightbulb 
Alaska feels perfect... almost :p
Really miss the old Now Playing OSD, for music atleast. Liked the way Artist, Track and Next track was displayed.

Finding it hard to believe that Im the only one feeling this way.
Is it a lot of work going back to the old Now Playing? Not asking Hitcher, I think he has put enough effort into this and he made the choice to change it. And we can´t all have the same likings Wink

So the question is, anyone with enough skillz feeling they can change it?
It would be greatly appreciated!

And another question about Lyrics. What is the recommended script for this? Using CU Lyrics atm and it feels so and so with Alaska.

Cheers!
^ agreed! I like the old OSD much better, how it was positioned at the bottom. Now it looks too cluttered to me, especially with long show titles. Can we revert back to the old one? Nice simple mono tone colored and positioned at the bottom instead?
I love the new one and think you're both crazy.
Make a mod yourselves. :p
Having it there was simply conflicting with other parts of the skin (the extra media flags, Landscape view, Banner view, Episode view and also the new Files view) so I made the decision to incorporate them in the actual Now Playing window.

Now the skin is pretty much finalised anyone is welcome to mod the hell out of it as they see fit.
Yep the now playing osd and the video osd are 2 things that have actually made me go back to an older build i had on another pc.

I dont think the now playing osd suits the skin at all now. Same when your playing trailers.

And same with the video osd. I dont think any osd should be on the top of the screen, as when your fast forwarding etc theres a good chance its covering heads. I thought the old osd was simple and brilliant, but now it seems like theres way too much on the screen.

Would there be much work involved in replacing both of these osd's?

Like does one xml cover the now playing osd and another xml cover the video osd? Or is there lots of files that would need to be edited?
I actually like the new one very much, but I might see if I can mod the old one in there again for you. Probably not until this evening (in the U.S) but I will see what I can do.
At first I preferred the old one too. But the new one has kind of grown on me and now I think it's the one I prefer.
I really miss some sort of indication when the playback is paused though.
D0nR0sa Wrote:I actually like the new one very much, but I might see if I can mod the old one in there again for you. Probably not until this evening (in the U.S) but I will see what I can do.

Really looking forward to it !!
Ok, done for music, will finish video tonight, just unpack and copy the files into your alaska folder. Should give you an option in the alaska settings to switch between the two. For other color schemes you will have to add those colors:
Code:
<color name="NowPlayingArtist">FF686868</color>
<color name="NowPlayingAlbum">FF454545</color>

Hope it works for you,
D0nR0sa

Link:
http://www.mediafire.com/?zym0mzyvmub
hikaricore Wrote:I love the new one and think you're both crazy.
Make a mod yourselves. :p

Agreed, loving the new one. It makes the switch from the browser much more seamless and is more sleek looking.
@D0nR0sa: Works like a charm. THANK YOU!
Thanks for the effort, glad it's an option rather than a re-write Smile I can see why Hitcher changed it (it overlaps on my flags often) But I'm glad the option is there!
I love my Mac Mini :;):
Thanks that you appreciate it, here is the version with video switching back, too. (looks a bit odd in my opinion but it works):
http://www.mediafire.com/?jemjayx3tyo
are you guys talking about the in-movie OSD with play, pause etc, or the small window on the bottom left like shown below:

If its the bottom left as in the picture, i would like a way to remove any text that is showing there now. talking about video only, never used music section so dont know.

follow-up: I am in no way a programmer but i can find my way around. I was able to comment out two parts in VideoOverlay.xml to remove the scrolling text inside the video and the image for the black translucent bar the text was showing on. I dont mind not having any text telling me whats playing now, but may add something later outside the video window.
D0nR0sa Wrote:Thanks that you appreciate it, here is the version with video switching back, too. (looks a bit odd in my opinion but it works):
http://www.mediafire.com/?jemjayx3tyo

I actually like the new Now Playing when playing videos, just wanted the old one back for the music on my homescreen. Big Grin

Now after adding some custom submenus im finally there, best skin ever!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[REQUEST] Now Playing OSD?0