Support multiple FanArt images for each Movie / TV Show / Music Artist and loop them?
Lightbulb 
I just migrated from mediaportal to XBMC with Transparency! 2.11, and I love it.

Just one question tough, is it possible to have multiple fanart rotating in library Views?

I.e. if I select Chuck, I see the FanArt background, but it's static, I can download/change the background manually.

Is there a way to automatically download multiple backgrounds and rotate them, like MPTVseries does for Mediaportal?
nope, it's not supported by xbmc.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Really? I've always thought it was related to how the skin decided to operate.
Ah that's a downer...

Maybe some day... some version then.

The home screen looks fantastic with the moving and rotating/cycling images...
I was playing around with this idea, this works creating a folder called extrathumbs and placing a couple thumb1.jpg, thumb2.jpg, etc in there:
PHP Code:
<control type="multiimage">
            <
posx>0</posx>
            <
posy>0</posy>
            <
width>1280</width>
            <
height>720</height>
            <
aspectratio>scale</aspectratio>
            <
fadetime>400</fadetime>
            <
timeperimage>4000</timeperimage>    
            <
randomize>true</randomize>            
            <
imagepath background="true">$INFO[ListItem.Path,,extrathumbs]</imagepath>
        </
control

But if you use this folder structure:

---season 1
-----blah.avi
-----blah.nfo
-----blah.tbn
---season 2
-----blah.avi
-----blah.nfo
-----blah.tbn
---extrathumbs

Then ListItem.Path returns N:/Big TV Shows/24/Season 3/ so it returns false, giving black background, on episode level.

Out of curiosity is there a way, or form of ListItem.Path, to have it always look in the top level of the directory otherwise you'd have to copy the extrathumbs folder to each season folder?
this might work:
Code:
$INFO[ListItem.Path,,../extrathumbs]
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Wouldn't it be simpler to adopt a fanartx.jpg format?

fanart1.jpg
fanart2.jpg
fanart3.jpg
etc.
for a muliimage control (slideshow) the filenames don't matter.
just make sure they're in a separate folder, otherwise the slideshow will also pick up your folder.jpg movie thumb.

some kind of a filename standard would be nice though, for instance if you want to create a view that displays, let's say, three fanart images...then the skin has to know their exact names.
Is also possible use more than one fanart ?

Alda
ashlar Wrote:Wouldn't it be simpler to adopt a fanartx.jpg format?

fanart1.jpg
fanart2.jpg
fanart3.jpg
etc.

I'd opt for this scheme if possible, that way the thumbs and fanart can be in the same folder with the movie / show / music / etc.
fekker Wrote:I'd opt for this scheme if possible, that way the thumbs and fanart can be in the same folder with the movie / show / music / etc.

from a skinning point of view, the fanart images have to be in a separate folder.
you can't create a slideshow if the fanart images are in the same folder as the movie thumb.
that is, the movie thumb will also be used in the slideshow in that case.

filename conventions are fine with me, but please keep your 'extra' artwork in separate folders.

if i'm not mistaken Aeon uses a /extrathumbs/ folder, in a similar manner T! is using /extrafanart/
for the Artist fanart slideshow on the music visualisation screen.
Hi Ronie. I'm pretty sure Mediaportal uses the "multiple fanart images within the movie folder" approach. Are you saying that's not doable at all with the XBMC skinning engine?
well you can, but as i was trying to explain above, the slideshow will include all images in this folder. so if you have a movie poster in there, it will also turn up in your fanart slideshow.
ronie Wrote:well you can, but as i was trying to explain above, the slideshow will include all images in this folder. so if you have a movie poster in there, it will also turn up in your fanart slideshow.
Ok, so the problem is that the skinning engine can't access images on a file name basis? Just to understand what the limitations are.

Oh... and thanks for Transparency. It's my favourite skin!
ashlar Wrote:Ok, so the problem is that the skinning engine can't access images on a file name basis? Just to understand what the limitations are.

correct, for a slideshow you'll have to select a folder.
the skinning engine will then pull all images from that folder.

there's currently no way to filter what images to include/exclude.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Support multiple FanArt images for each Movie / TV Show / Music Artist and loop them?0