Support multiple FanArt images for each Movie / TV Show / Music Artist and loop them?
I agree, would be a really great addition.
Cheers
ubuntuf4n
Targettio Wrote:If you want features added to the default skin then you ought to post in the Confluence forum.

And I am not sure why you consider adding a new skin to XBMC a 'hack job', it was built with re-skinning in mind and Confluence is just the skin that the devs decide to ship with.

Hey! Thanks for being so helpful!
I use the Aeon MQ theme, which from what i know, doesn`t support multiple backdrops. Having something like this built into the XBMC core/trunk would be great since all skin developers could implement it without much hassle,
ronie Wrote:native xbmc support would still be a valid feature request. ;-)
skin 'hack jobs' are never the preferred way of doing things imo.

I agree it would be great to have this as native. the problem i have noticed with the "hacks' is that other than feeling somewhat 'clunky' sometimes is that they dont only read the fanart off the installation drive. this means your media drives are always spinning up to get the fanart. In a perfect world these should only get woken up to play the media.
Is it possible to have multiple fanart for Music | Films? and if so is it possible to have them in like a slideshow in the background?
Sorry my previous post looks more confrontational than it was intended.

Skin Comparisons.

As you can see from the wiki page, Confluence is a little behind the times when it comes to features. But I guess, as Confluence is the default skin, it needs to be more stable than any of the additional skins so doesn't get updated as often(?).

But I agree, extra fan art should be included.
I'd also be interested to know the answer(s) to this question. Nod
Why not just have a separate fanart directory called, I don't know, "movie-fanart"? Slideshows would be easy then, because you could just grab every image in the folder to use.
any news on this feature? i think xbmc is the only media player that can't do this.
Actually, what would be really cool is if you could configure your screen saver to just use the extra fan art images from whatever you currently had selected!
I'd be interested in this feature too. I use Media Center Master, and that currently downloads background fan art as

backdrop.jpg
backdrop1.jpg
backdrop2.jpg
backdrop3.jpg
(2012-12-09, 17:33)smithgt Wrote: I'd be interested in this feature too. I use Media Center Master, and that currently downloads background fan art as

backdrop.jpg
backdrop1.jpg
backdrop2.jpg
backdrop3.jpg

Since this thread was last replied to a year and a half ago, this has been implemented in some skins. I know Transparency! has it and I'm sure others support it as well.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Support multiple FanArt images for each Movie / TV Show / Music Artist and loop them?0