Support multiple FanArt images for each Movie / TV Show / Music Artist and loop them?
ronie Wrote:correct, for a slideshow you'll have to select a folder.
the skinning engine will then pull all images from that folder.

there's currently no way to filter what images to include/exclude.
Ok. So there is a point in having a feature request for that. Should I add it to TRAC?
ashlar Wrote:Ok. So there is a point in having a feature request for that. Should I add it to TRAC?

i can't speak for the devs whether or not they're interested to implement it,
so i leave to decision to trac it up to you. ;-)
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
It would be really cool if XBMC could rename your movie, as well as download multiple fanart images, and put them into the folder "extrathumbs," which XBMC would also make for you. I currently use Ember Media Manager, which does this, so I see no reason for not being able to build that into XBMC... Why request this if I have a program that does it? I use a Mac, and I have to run EMM on a Windows virtual machine, and it really sucks. The VM is slow, and very choppy. I also would prefer to just have XBMC scrape and organize everything, especially to make it more user-friendly and less work for the user Smile I'm starting to realize it is almost too much work, just so I can have my media organized the way I want.

Sorry if this has been covered before, I searched around before I posted this thread I swear Laugh

P.S. It would be cool if we were able to choose a movie studio though the movie info as well within XBMC, so the flag could always show up rather then having to change that through EMM as well Smile
I love my Mac Mini :;):
Nope, none of those things are likely to be supported by XBMC in the shortterm.

"extrathumbs" are a hack. They rely on the path to the movie, and will slow XBMC down, whether you experience it or not. Skin-based hacks like this are not supported, and they may break at any time. Use at your own risk.

Similarly, I don't see why we should rename anything - after all, they have to be pretty badly named before XBMC will fail to pick them up.

If XBMC ever supports these things then they'll be done in a much better way than the skin hacks operate. This isn't going to happen anytime soon, however.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Given Ember Media Manager (which I'm sure many people already use) already has the extrathumbs folder I do like that idea. Big Grin
I've been using it in Night for awhile, works great and people like it.

Couple things I think Devs would have to think about, if they would do it:

1. How many Fanarts would you download, or what limit would you put - 5, 10, 15?
2. Would you allow for Movies too? Some peoples movie libraries are 800-1000 movies, scrapping and downloading just 5 fanarts per Movie will increase the scrapping time substantially.
3. Same for Music, people have huge libraries
4. What about the strain on the TVDB and theMovieDB, would they like all that increased load on their servers?

Check out The Carmichael - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Night - A Skin For XBMC

Check out Unfinished - A Skin For XBMC
mcborzu Wrote:I've been using it in Night for awhile, works great and people like it.

Couple things I think Devs would have to think about, if they would do it:

1. How many Fanarts would you download, or what limit would you put - 5, 10, 15?
2. Would you allow for Movies too? Some peoples movie libraries are 800-1000 movies, scrapping and downloading just 5 fanarts per Movie will increase the scrapping time substantially.
3. Same for Music, people have huge libraries
4. What about the strain on the TVDB and theMovieDB, would they like all that increased load on their servers?

I really hope this makes it into XBMC.

1. I think all fanart should be downloaded for shows and movies. Then it would be cool to have an option to remove any that you don't want to show up. Kind of like how you can choose what static one shows up now.

2. I think movie art should all be downloaded also. The scraping time will increase, but this big scrape of your entire library doesn't happen all the time, so I don't think it would be a big deal.

3. I don't think there's nearly the same amount of music art as there is movie / tv art. However, the potential for users to have a larger number of music artists, than movies is there.
thegamesdb.net - An open video games database.
scottbrant.net - Blog
just wondering.........could you play with the code a lil? Like say........how PMIIIs home screen does multi image backgrounds?

Ex: If your folder structure was like this.................

For Movies......
Accepted(Main Folder)>

---extrathumbs (sub-folder)><(fill this folder with images named "MovieTitle".jpg, "MovieTitle"1.jpg, "MovieTitle"3.jpg )

---MovieTitle.avi
---MovieTitle.tbn
---folder.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For TV......
Lie To Me (Main Folder)>

---season 1 (sub-folder)
---season 2 (sub-folder)
---season 3 (sub-folder)
---extrathumbs (sub-folder)><(fill this folder with images named "ShowTitle".jpg, "ShowTitle"1.jpg, "ShowTitle"3.jpg )

---clearart.png
---logo.png
---folder.jpg

Could something like this work??................
(I added the "xxx" to show values)

Code:
<control type="multiimage">
    <posx>xxx</posx>
    <posy>xxx</posy>
    <width>xxx</width>
    <height>xxx</height>
    <imagepath>$INFO[Player.FolderPath]../extrathumbs</imagepath>
    <timeperimage>5000</timeperimage>
    <fadetime>2000</fadetime>
    <visible>ControlGroup(xxx).HasFocus(xxx)</visible>
             <animation effect="fade" time="200">VisibleChange</animation>
</control>

or would this too, be doomed to failHuh
I don't like storing tbn files or jpg files in the same folder as my movie file. Wouldn't the backdrops be able to all be downloaded to a different folder database, and then xbmc would know how to tie the specific ones to their respective movie files? This makes the most sense too me, and it would keep everything clean and separate.
scottbrant.net - Blog
Lightbulb 
It`s a real shame that a great interface like XBMC only has support for one backdrop/per movie, while others like Media Browser and Media Mortal have support for an unlimited number of backdrops (as many as the scrapper can find and download) that play in a sequence or random.

Is it possible to implement such a feature in XBMC?
A lot of skins already use 'extra fanart'.
native xbmc support would still be a valid feature request. ;-)
skin 'hack jobs' are never the preferred way of doing things imo.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ronie Wrote:native xbmc support would still be a valid feature request. ;-)

Agreed. +1 for this.
scottbrant.net - Blog
ronie Wrote:native xbmc support would still be a valid feature request. ;-)

If you want features added to the default skin then you ought to post in the Confluence forum.

And I am not sure why you consider adding a new skin to XBMC a 'hack job', it was built with re-skinning in mind and Confluence is just the skin that the devs decide to ship with.
Targettio Wrote:And I am not sure why you consider adding a new skin to XBMC a 'hack job', it was built with re-skinning in mind and Confluence is just the skin that the devs decide to ship with.

well good morning to you too. ;-)
nobody is discussing adding new skins as far is i can tell...

the 'hack job' is referring to the current implementation of extrafanart in several skins.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Support multiple FanArt images for each Movie / TV Show / Music Artist and loop them?0