[MOD] Poster/Tagline mod
chareos Wrote:I hope this mod would take into consideration replace plot with tagline in OSD infos Smile too much scrolling in there...
Is this what you want?

If so then that is an easy fix you can do. Just edit "DialogFullScreenInfo.xml" (back up the file first just in case) and go to line#36.

Change:
<label>$INFO[VideoPlayer.Plot]</label>

To:
<label>$INFO[VideoPlayer.Tagline]</label>

That should be it. Happy Modding!
Hi Amra,

so it looks perfect. But i have a question. How can i activate the FLAME overlay, like in your screenshot.

Thanx
Efty
The 'Flame' shows up on the 5 Latest Added items.
efty.edge Wrote:Hi Amra,

so it looks perfect. But i have a question. How can i activate the FLAME overlay, like in your screenshot.

Thanx
Efty
Thanks & that's an Alaska setting. Go to Settings & then the "Alaska" screen. Once there, go to the "Views" tab and scroll all the way to the bottom. You should now see "Show Movie Status" and "Show TV Status". Now activate whichever one (or both) you want. The New Item & Watched icons should now show up.
Hi again,

the Switches was set but i doesnt had the latest nightly. Now it works. Thanx for the advice.

Efty
Amra Wrote:Is this what you want?

If so then that is an easy fix you can do. Just edit "DialogFullScreenInfo.xml" (back up the file first just in case) and go to line#36.

Change:

To:

That's it !
And in my opinion it is an improvement.
Thank you for the hint.

Guess I'll wait a little for Alaska to feature-stabilize, then I'll try to customize it for my tastes.
Hitch has said several times that Alaska is pretty much done.
There's no need to wait for "feature-stabilize".
hikaricore Wrote:Hitch has said several times that Alaska is pretty much done.
There's no need to wait for "feature-stabilize".
Yeah, I think about the only thing Hitcher is doing now is bug squishing.
Which anycase triggers 2-3 updates/day.
And 99% of 'em are well worthy the update.

I'll wait for this to slow down, then I'll apply modifications
chareos Wrote:Which anycase triggers 2-3 updates/day.
And 99% of 'em are well worthy the update.

I'll wait for this to slow down, then I'll apply modifications

I think you need to explore git a little more. Like most modern VCS's, it's designed to take such situations into account. If you have your local copy setup correctly, a simple 'git pull' will merge any changes and updates Hitcher makes with your own custom instance. If you both happen to change the same line of code, git will walk you through the merge process letting you pick which change to keep. You might even want to explore creating your own branch on github to host this mod. It's so much cleaner and reliable than spyware magnet services like Mediafire.
Uhm. I'll take my time lo learn git better.
Thanks !
Thanks for the updated colors! Looks better Smile
I love my Mac Mini :;):
Amra Wrote:If so then that is an easy fix you can do. Just edit "DialogFullScreenInfo.xml" (back up the file first just in case) and go to line#36.

Change:

To:

If I just want to remove the plot info from the OSD display, could I just delete that line altogether?
gabbott Wrote:If I just want to remove the plot info from the OSD display, could I just delete that line altogether?
Just deleting that one line may cause problems so I would delete or just comment out the particular section like such:

Change
Code:
<control type="textbox">
                <description>Plot Info</description>
                <posx>400</posx>
                <posy>4</posy>
                <width>480</width>
                <height>70</height>
                <align>center</align>
                <font>Font_Date</font>
                <textcolor>Date</textcolor>
                <autoscroll time="3200" delay="6000" repeat="6000">Skin.HasSetting(autoscroll)</autoscroll>
            </control>
To
Code:
[b]<!--[/b]
            <control type="textbox">
                <description>Plot Info</description>
                <posx>400</posx>
                <posy>4</posy>
                <width>480</width>
                <height>70</height>
                <align>center</align>
                <font>Font_Date</font>
                <textcolor>Date</textcolor>
                <autoscroll time="3200" delay="6000" repeat="6000">Skin.HasSetting(autoscroll)</autoscroll>
            </control>
[b]-->[/b]

As always, back up the xml file before editing. Just in case it doesn't work.
Amra Wrote:Just deleting that one line may cause problems so I would delete or just comment out the particular section like such...

Thanks! I'll give that a try. Didn't want to get too far off-topic so I just want to say that your Poster/Tagline mod is great. Smile

Edit: Just want to say that your suggestion of commenting that section out worked. Thanks again!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Poster/Tagline mod0