[MOD] Poster/Tagline mod
I found a bug:

I'm italian, movie length lacks "mins"

I'd also ask for a suggestion:
willing to mod the genre/runtime to look like

GENRE | LENGHT (WILL FINISH AT xx:xx)

How could I obtain this ?
I think you'll need to update your mod as I see that Hitcher made some changes to Viewtype_Poster.xml not too long ago.
gabbott Wrote:I think you'll need to update your mod as I see that Hitcher made some changes to Viewtype_Poster.xml not too long ago.
Just did it. Sorry I didn't get to it sooner but I've been busy with family yesterday & today. Anyway, the link in Post#1 has been updated to reflect Hitcher's changes as of now.

Alternately, here is the link.

chareos Wrote:I found a bug:

I'm italian, movie length lacks "mins"

Please try the latest version I just posted above & let me know if it is fixed. I changed it to use the same code That Hitcher had for the Info screen, so if it was okay in the info before, it (hopefully) should be okay on the poster screen now.

chareos Wrote:I'd also ask for a suggestion:
willing to mod the genre/runtime to look like

Unfortunately, I'm just learning to "tweak" the XBMC skins so I'm not sure how to do that. Perhaps Hitcher may be of some assistance on that. Sorry. Huh
The mins issue is solved. Thanks !

About the genre / length, I'll try for myself tonight Smile

I'm also considering trying to move the whole covers / tagline / title / genre /length down a little, to leave a little lightier the top part
Howdy,
Would it be possible to get a patch for this, so that I can easily apply it after I reset my copy of Alaska to update it? I could probably do it myself, but I'm asking just in case you already have it in patch form.
Cheers,
Sean.
I just hope if this does get added into the master git that its optional as I think it is adding too much clutter on the poster view screen.
chareos Wrote:I found a bug:

I believe this is only available when playing a video i.e-$INFO[Player.FinishTime]
Smenus Wrote:Howdy,
Would it be possible to get a patch for this, so that I can easily apply it after I reset my copy of Alaska to update it? I could probably do it myself, but I'm asking just in case you already have it in patch form.
Cheers,
Sean.
Sorry, I don't have a patch for this but if it would help, I can add better comments in the xml files to more easily find all my changes. Most of the changes are to the Viewtype_Poster file.

uncertainty Wrote:I just hope if this does get added into the master git that its optional as I think it is adding too much clutter on the poster view screen.
I don't expect Hitcher to add it and I don't plan on asking him. I will continue to update it along with any changes he makes to the files I've edited.
Amra Wrote:Is this what you want?

If so then that is an easy fix you can do. Just edit "DialogFullScreenInfo.xml" (back up the file first just in case) and go to line#36.

Change:
<label>$INFO[VideoPlayer.Plot]</label>

To:
<label>$INFO[VideoPlayer.Tagline]</label>

That should be it. Happy Modding!

How do I enable the dvd cover in OSD Info screen while playing a video. I currently get the OSD Info with no cover art. I'm using Apple Tv and currently have to hold select to bring up the OSD Info but it only shows player controls and time slider along with finish time. Help!
... And we're back!

Post #1 has been fixed with up to date info after the big XBMC crash of 2010. While we were out, I updated the mod with a couple fixes so there is a new version as of today in post#1.

PS: In case anyone is just tuning in "post crash", this mod now combines the Tagline & Video Info mods.
Is this a windows only Mod? I tried applying this mod to my Mac OS X ppc but nothing changes. Does it work with a specific scrapper? I am running the newest nightly build for OS X ppc xbmc-r28256-trunk-ppc.dmg . Any advice?

thanks
It works in Mac OS X...but taglines do not get scraped unless you are using a media manager, such as Ember Media Manager. It scrapes taglines, as well as trailers; it also creates extrathumbs.
I love my Mac Mini :;):
Looks like Hitcher just did a couple updates that will require the mod updated:

http://github.com/HitcherUK/Alaska/commi...1bbc57eb96
gabbott Wrote:Looks like Hitcher just did a couple updates that will require the mod updated:

http://github.com/HitcherUK/Alaska/commi...1bbc57eb96

Yeah, I saw that but I am holding off on an update due to a problem that has been reported with the Poster View after that change.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=508...tcount=154

I'll wait to see what fix Hitcher comes up with since I took a look at the little bit of code he changed & to be quite honest, I haven't a clue what is causing the issue. Huh
Mod has been updated in Post#1 as of today with Hitcher's most recent changes/fixes.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Poster/Tagline mod0