[MOD] Poster/Tagline mod
Hi Amra,
you said, you included german mpaa ratings( you mean fsk right? Wink ), but i can't see them. Do I have to use imdb.com as scraper (would not make much sense for german ratings, i know)? Or is there another scraper? I quite like ofdb, but i dont find the ratings anywhere with this one.
I don't know about the internal XBMC scraping kind of thing. But if you use a Tool like Ember Media Manager, there's an option to scrape the german rating.
The_Flo Wrote:Hi Amra,
you said, you included german mpaa ratings( you mean fsk right? Wink ), but i can't see them. Do I have to use imdb.com as scraper (would not make much sense for german ratings, i know)? Or is there another scraper? I quite like ofdb, but i dont find the ratings anywhere with this one.

ston Wrote:I don't know about the internal XBMC scraping kind of thing. But if you use a Tool like Ember Media Manager, there's an option to scrape the german rating.

The code looks for the rating in a movie's <mpaa> tag. I would try EMM as ston said & see if that fixes the issue.
thx, worked perfectly! Looks great!
Will there ever be a version for the Alaska Revisited?
biljard Wrote:Will there ever be a version for the Alaska Revisited?
I'm sorry but I don't plan on modding the Alaska Revisited skin but if someone else wants to get this working in Revisited that's okay.

I think I'll have my hands full with my BIG Alaska mod now.
i love this mod, but when i get info on a movie, the poster looks to be too far to the left

have i just not updated one of the files?
meathane Wrote:i love this mod, but when i get info on a movie, the poster looks to be too far to the left

have i just not updated one of the files?
It looks like something wasn't installed correctly. If the mod is working then the Info screen will look more like this:

Note the new text layout as well as the image placement. Out of curiosity, are you trying to add this to Alaska Revisited? Just checking as it is only for "Alaska Final".
I've downloaded the mod and merged it into the Alaska skin folder, but I don't see the rating symbols in any view. I've enabled Show Poster MPAA Flag, and I can see the MPAA rating in the info screen, but it's just simple text (e.g., PG), not the PG graphic shown in the screenshots in this thread. I'm sure I'm missing something obvious, but I can't find it. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

TIA
/jab
JAB_XBMC Wrote:I've downloaded the mod and merged it into the Alaska skin folder, but I don't see the rating symbols in any view. I've enabled Show Poster MPAA Flag, and I can see the MPAA rating in the info screen, but it's just simple text (e.g., PG), not the PG graphic shown in the screenshots in this thread. I'm sure I'm missing something obvious, but I can't find it. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

TIA
/jab
Did you apply this mod to "Alaska Final" or to "Alaska Revisited"? I only ask because you said you can see the MPAA rating text and that sounds very much like "Alaska Revisited". This mod was originally done for "Alaska Final" well before Hitcher released his personal "Alaska Revisited" version and will only work with that version. Sorry if that wasn't clear in the first post, I'll double check the info in post#1.
No, it was clear from the first post, and I thought I downloaded Alaska Final. However, I will double-check to be sure. Thank you very much for the rapid reply.
JAB_XBMC Wrote:No, it was clear from the first post, and I thought I downloaded Alaska Final. However, I will double-check to be sure. Thank you very much for the rapid reply.
No problem & just so you know, this mod is already incorporated in the "BIG Alaska" skin as well as many other tweaks.
OK. I downloaded Alaska.rar from the MediaFire download folder referenced in the first post of the Alaska Final thread. I unzipped the contents into an Alaska folder in the XBMC skins folder. Then, I downloaded the Alaska_Poster_Tagline_Info_Mod_20100322.7z file from the first post in this thread and merged the contents of that archive into the Alaska skin folder.

The cover art in the info screen is directly adjacent to the meta data and the selected movie is shifted to the left in the wrap view, just like in the screenshots in this thread. But, I have no MPAA rating graphics anywhere. The only thing I get is the MPAA rating text (e.g., G, PG) in the info screen, in the same text size as the rest of the descriptive text.

Clearly, I've screwed something up or don't understand what I'm doing. :o
JAB_XBMC Wrote:OK. I downloaded Alaska.rar from the MediaFire download folder referenced in the first post of the Alaska Final thread. I unzipped the contents into an Alaska folder in the XBMC skins folder. Then, I downloaded the Alaska_Poster_Tagline_Info_Mod_20100322.7z file from the first post in this thread and merged the contents of that archive into the Alaska skin folder.

The cover art in the info screen is directly adjacent to the meta data and the selected movie is shifted to the left in the wrap view, just like in the screenshots in this thread. But, I have no MPAA rating graphics anywhere. The only thing I get is the MPAA rating text (e.g., G, PG) in the info screen, in the same text size as the rest of the descriptive text.

Clearly, I've screwed something up or don't understand what I'm doing. :o

Solved. It's my metadata. The scraper is setting the metadata without the word "Rated" (e.g., <mpaa>PG</mpaa> instead of <mpaa>Rated PG</mpaa>), and the word "Rated" is apparently required. So, it's not my installation of the skin. I just need to figure out why my metadata apparently doesn't conform to XBMC standards.
JAB_XBMC Wrote:Solved. It's my metadata. The scraper is setting the metadata without the word "Rated" (e.g., <mpaa>PG</mpaa> instead of <mpaa>Rated PG</mpaa>), and the word "Rated" is apparently required. So, it's not my installation of the skin. I just need to figure out why my metadata apparently doesn't conform to XBMC standards.

I use Ember Media Manager to clean up all that stuff. Works a treat!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Poster/Tagline mod0