Automatic Downmix To Stereo?
I know that there is a "Downmix multi channel audio to stereo" switch, but I am requesting the ability for XBMC to automatically downmix to stereo for all multi channel codecs that aren't supported, such as AAC 5.1.

I have a receiver that receives DD and DTS, however AAC 5.1 does not work - front l and r are all you can hear.

Thoughts?
uhrr. that's exactly what the switch does. enable passthrough for the formats you want passed through, anything else will be downmixed according to the setting....
I think what he means is that it isn't actually all downmixed to two speakers but all you can hear is the audio that originally was suppose to be sent to the two front speakers.
Damn, now I don't know what I mean!

Rofl

Ok, here's my scenario. I have three movies, one in Dolby Digital 5.1, one in DTS 5.1 and one in AAC 5.1. With the settings I have (DD & DTS support On, Downmix Off) I get perfect 5.1 sound from both the DD and DTS movies, and no center or rear l/r from the AAC movie. (I *thought* that by switching on the Downmix setting, that ALL multi-channel audio would be fed to stereo, which is what I do NOT want.)

Are you saying that if I set DD & DTS support to On, AND set Downmix to On, that my DD & DTS will play 5.1 sound, (passthrough?) and any other format not currently supported (AAC 5.1) will downmix to stereo?

Nerd
that's exactly what i'm saying.
spiff Wrote:that's exactly what i'm saying.

Well then, I stand corrected. I appreciate the heads up. This rocks.

Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Automatic Downmix To Stereo?0