[MOD] simple mod for static music info + fanart + record label logo
about the record label flag. how do i use them? do i have to add something to the artist folders or what?
ichAlex Wrote:about the record label flag. how do i use them? do i have to add something to the artist folders or what?

for the record label to appear you need to add the studio name to the mp3 comment tag and rescan the library.
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
thanks

edit: tried it. opened itunes, edit details and added Polydor to the Comment section. rescanned the library and installed your mod. nothing happens, also i reloaded the skin
reaven Wrote:for the record label to appear you need to add the studio name to the mp3 comment tag and rescan the library.

Although I'm not using the mod, others like me who have tagged their music with Discogs (and other taggers I'm sure) would have the record label already filled in the standard 'Label' field of Id3 tags like this in Tag & Rename:

I know you said before that..

Quote:the record label is a bit tricky because afaik xbmc cant read the publisher tag from the currently playing track just in library mode (ListItem.Property(albumlabel) ) so in order to do this I put the Publisher name in the comment tag.

But it would probably be better to submit a trac or something and get this support added to xbmc, as it took me ages to get all my tags done properly so I simply can't use this.
reaven, are you really mounting your LCD with plastic strips to the wall??!
NiiiiceeeE! RoflRoflRoflRofl

***Just checked the picture of your living room.***

Great mod by the way.
ichAlex Wrote:thanks

edit: tried it. opened itunes, edit details and added Polydor to the Comment section. rescanned the library and installed your mod. nothing happens, also i reloaded the skin

you need to add the record label name to the comment tag and of course if you check the recordlabel folder under media->flags->recordlabel if the png for Polydor is not there you wont be seeing anything there are include a lot of record label logos but is missing a few you can do the logo if you want if is missing and submit it here. I will post a record label folder because i made like 6 logos that I was missing from my library.

DuMbGuM Wrote:Although I'm not using the mod, others like me who have tagged their music with Discogs (and other taggers I'm sure) would have the record label already filled in the standard 'Label' field of Id3 tags like this in Tag & Rename.
But it would probably be better to submit a trac or something and get this support added to xbmc, as it took me ages to get all my tags done properly so I simply can't use this.
Exactly like I said before thats the trick of the mod since there is no support for XBMC to read the Publisher tag directly form the currently playing mp3, let see when I can submit a trac for it. I use mp3tag and the publisher tag is filled automatically when i scan my music folder and use a tag source to fill the info liek amazon, discogs and music brainz for example.

*as you can see the publisher tag if filled when you use a tag source that is like an scraper in XBMC, but the comment tag you need to fill it yourself for this mod to work.

sircube Wrote:reaven, are you really mounting your LCD with plastic strips to the wall??!
NiiiiceeeE! RoflRoflRoflRofl

***Just checked the picture of your living room.***
I dont get it what plastic strips ?(lol, you mean the tape that the lcd have on the top and bottom?, good one! I haven't finish the room and i want ti to protect it until then); thats not my living room. thats my office/studio so I dont need to turn on my theater just to watch tv , my living room doesn't have a tv
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
Before the server crash, someone asked how to get this mod to use artist fanart which is scraped by XBMC itself. Here is how to achive this:

Change this line in MusicVisualisation.xml:

Code:
<texture fallback="/Users/frontrow/Music/fanart.jpg">$INFO[Player.FolderPath]../fanart.jpg</texture>

into
Code:
<texture fallback="/Users/frontrow/Music/fanart.jpg">$INFO[MusicPlayer.Property(Fanart_image)]</texture>

Don't forget to change path to your fallback fanart image.

btw: I was happily surprised by the quality and the quantity of the fanart scraped by XBMC (using allmusic + option to get fanart from htbackdrop)
reaven Wrote:MOD_v1.2 here

*MOD for the now playing screen | a.k.a visualization screen
* xml's are commented with instructions and changes, original lines are still there just commented.
* read MusicVisualization.xml comments there are instructions to change a path, your music path.
* the visualization need to be set to none.
* the record label name needs to be add to the comment tag in the mp3.

<texture diffuse> and png to display round corners cover instead of squared

Could I get this mod? The link on the first post doesn't work anymore.

Thanks
HTPC: Apex MI-008 | Foxconn H67S | Celeron G530 | G.SKILL 4GB | Crucial 64 SSD| Arctic Cooling | PicoPSU-160-XT
sorry the V1.2 have been deleted for V1.3 and I forget to update the link.

thanks !
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
Thanks for sharing, but I seem to have a couple of issues. How do get the album cover to show the track an time info are mixed up. Also, how do I change the color of the red bar?

HTPC: Apex MI-008 | Foxconn H67S | Celeron G530 | G.SKILL 4GB | Crucial 64 SSD| Arctic Cooling | PicoPSU-160-XT
weird, there I upload my personal version its working fine in my end - V1.4
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
Thanks again. Unfortunately it still didn't work so I think it's something on my end. I'm going to try a fresh install of latest builds for both XBMC and Alaska and see if that does the trick.
by curiosity your music is other than mp3 ?
does this happen with every track/album you play and/or any format (mp3, wav, ogg, ect..)
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
Yes, most of my collection are ALAC, AAC and some mp3 file. When playing the mp3 file the track and time info show up correctly. But, when I play the other two formats they show up like what's in attachment I posted earlier.

Nice catch.
yes a notice because I have only one album in ogg format and it was having the same issue, I think I know what is it... I will post the new version later.
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] simple mod for static music info + fanart + record label logo2