Switching TV inputs without blanking xbmc
System: ubuntu 9.10/Zotac ION/Crystal HD/Latest XBMC svn/lirc mceusb
Running XBMC on screen 2 (DISPLAY=:0.1) Zotac ION hdmi ouput at 1080i (dlp tv input). If xbmc is running (it runs with no problems) and I switch to another video input on the the tv and then switch back to the computer running xbmc the screen is black and I think (not certain) the computer has gone into a sleep mode that I don't know how to get it out of. I there a way to switch video outputs on my tv and then come back to the computer with xbmc running and displaying its standard input screen?
brombo Wrote:System: ubuntu 9.10/Zotac ION/Crystal HD/Latest XBMC svn/lirc mceusb
Running XBMC on screen 2 (DISPLAY=:0.1) Zotac ION hdmi ouput at 1080i (dlp tv input). ?

Why would you add Crystal HD when you allready have full hardware decode via the nVidia 9400M of the ION, It doesn't make sense. You could use the mini PCIe slot for somethign usefull like WiFi etc...
I wanted to compare Crystal HD with Nvidia ION (the crystal HD card was cheap). Also I am hoping that eventually (ffmpeg perhaps) there will be softwave that takes advantage of the Crystal HD for the purpose of hardware transcoding of video files (likewise the Nvidia chips). Finally, I have used a usb wifi adaptor ever since I assembled the computer. I would have liked to have had a firewire connection to the computer but was never able to find a mini pcie firewire card.

What about my original question about what happens to xbmc when I switch TV inputs?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Switching TV inputs without blanking xbmc0