[MOD] Fanart_Redux
This is my newest fanart view mod.

This is obviously inspired by the Mediastream fanart view.

Version 2: 2/2/2010

Added the following:

1. Extrathumbs slideshow (rolls through entire folder and displays each one)
2. Trailer window

*Alert* In order for this to work, you must do the following:

- Turn off background video under skin settings.
- You must press "stop" to stop the trailer, pressing down again will not stop it.

File

Version 1:

This includes the following:

- Star Rating
- Tagline
- Extrathumb
- More pronounced posters at the bottom

Install:

This gets extracted over the confluence folder but is ONLY the new view. It will overwrite the current fanart view. I will upload another file that incorporates MANY mods both mine and other peoples' if it is requested. But for now, you can go into the viewsvideolibrary.xml and copy the code into your current skin or just start fresh.

File

Please leave feedback. ( I try and make my mods useful for everyone )
looks awesome, ive been waiting for an "extrathumbs" view...

i like the rating under the cover art too, plus all the room for the plot outline. look forward to trying it out

edit: is there a way to show how many votes are from imdb? so where it says 7.9 it would then say (75,954) beside it?
distracto Wrote:looks awesome, ive been waiting for an "extrathumbs" view...

i like the rating under the cover art too, plus all the room for the plot outline. look forward to trying it out

edit: is there a way to show how many votes are from imdb? so where it says 7.9 it would then say (75,954) beside it?

You should look at my other mods if you like extrathumbs.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=63146

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=66327

I think votes would make it look cluttered, there's enough already. Smile
nice work! i'm still using your first extrathumbs mod
looks very nice, will try it out when the files are available
Can you please please please add a SMALL windowed trailer window to this view please!!!Huh

Maybe have "press down to play" and let it play where the right hand extra thumb is? This would be perfect!! Smile
t2ffn Wrote:Can you please please please add a SMALL windowed trailer window to this view please!!!Huh

Maybe have "press down to play" and let it play where the right hand extra thumb is? This would be perfect!! Smile

If I knew how, I would LOVE to.
Ok, maybe someone will see this and offer you some help (here's hoping!)

When will it be ready to download? Looks great!

Also, I like my fanart, would it be possible (for me) to add a small delay so the whole info pops up after say 2 seconds, so when flicking through its just fanart, pause on a movie for 2 seconds and your great info screen pops up...

Thanks
t2ffn Wrote:Ok, maybe someone will see this and offer you some help (here's hoping!)

When will it be ready to download? Looks great!

Also, I like my fanart, would it be possible (for me) to add a small delay so the whole info pops up after say 2 seconds, so when flicking through its just fanart, pause on a movie for 2 seconds and your great info screen pops up...

Thanks

Everything is its own entity, I'm really not that good with this stuff, so I dont know if that is possible.

Also, the file is available.
This view works great, I really like it, just hope someone can help get the trailer into this view Smile
i'm using it too, works fine. thx!
Does anyone have anything they want done to it, or any suggestions? I have an update coming out soon that makes the extrathumb window a slideshow that will show all thumbs in the "extrathumbs" folder. Anything else? (besides the trailer window, I dont know how, sorry)
Can it play relaxing elevator music while i browse my movies?

nah, just kidding. Its great. (I wont ask for trailers, but I will hope for someone to help add them to this view for you)
if it can't play trailers, could it play specific music after a few secods on a movie selection if available? There are tons of movie scores out there, and if you have the extrathumbs going in a slideshow type view, I am just saying, it would be cool. Imagine selecting Jaws, the thumbnail change slides, and then DUH DUH.... DUH DUH... Smile Or any Bond movie or Indy Jones with the theme music.
***Major Update***

Trailer view coming tonight. Read original post.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MOD] Fanart_Redux0