1080p output on a netbook with Crystal HD
I have an acer aspire one netboot with a Crystal HD card. It works perfectly when using the laptop panel or my tv at 1280x1024, but at 1920x1080 I never seem to get past 20fps, and on one of my test videos it stays pretty much stuck at around 20fps (20.10, 19.90, 19.92, ...), and the cpu isn't anywhere near 100% (even with hyper-threading disabled and only one of them active).

I'm running ubuntu karmic and a XBMC svn build from yesterday (rev 27254).
I've updated to the latest packages from the xorg-edgers PPA to see if it solved the issue, but still no luck.

As for hardware, I have the run-of-the-mill Atom N270, 1gb ram, 945GME graphics.

I don't know if this is a XBMC bug, intel bug, somewhere else bug, or if this crappy machine just can't handle pushing out that many pixels at once.

Has anyone gotten a similar machine to work with 1080p?
Ideas? Smile

P.s.: I don't think my issue is related to http://www.xbmc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=37626 .
[Knuckles];496304 Wrote:I have an acer aspire one netboot with a Crystal HD card. It works perfectly when using the laptop panel or my tv at 1280x1024, but at 1920x1080 I never seem to get past 20fps, and on one of my test videos it stays pretty much stuck at around 20fps (20.10, 19.90, 19.92, ...), and the cpu isn't anywhere near 100% (even with hyper-threading disabled and only one of them active).

I'm running ubuntu karmic and a XBMC svn build from yesterday (rev 27254).
I've updated to the latest packages from the xorg-edgers PPA to see if it solved the issue, but still no luck.

As for hardware, I have the run-of-the-mill Atom N270, 1gb ram, 945GME graphics.

I don't know if this is a XBMC bug, intel bug, somewhere else bug, or if this crappy machine just can't handle pushing out that many pixels at once.

Has anyone gotten a similar machine to work with 1080p?
Ideas? Smile

P.s.: I don't think my issue is related to http://www.xbmc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=37626 .

To get 1080p display, I always have to disable composite in xorg.conf with nvidia drivers. Maybe you too?
davilla Wrote:To get 1080p display, I always have to disable composite in xorg.conf with nvidia drivers. Maybe you too?

Just tried it, no luck.

Edit: And sorry for crossposting.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
1080p output on a netbook with Crystal HD0