Scan lines while playing DVD
I'm going to get butchered for asking this without posting up info, but I'll take my chances.

Everything seems to play fine on my AsRock Ion 330 when its digital. Xvid, Divx, ISO's, however when I use the DVD player I seem to get a bad picture. Its almost like every other line is missing or something then it scans in and then the others are missing.

The reason I said I was going to get butchered is I don't recal what build I'm running, but I'm pretty sure its one of the first public releases of the build with Confluence in it. Yeah I know I should upgrade, but after I got the linux build working just the way I liked it I've been a bit leary since everything appeared to work just fine. Poped in a DVD a while back and saw the lines and then blew it off to a crappy DVD and then tried it again last night and well............

Before I installed linux on it I installed XP or was it windows7 I don't recall to many builds and I could of sworn I didn't have the same display.

I'm hooked up to a 37inch LCD, 1080p@60hz.

Is there a setting I'm missing possibly?
You tried the de-interlace setting(s)?
I've tried lots of settings. Where is that shown? I've played a lot in Settings and in the Video section.

Thanks for the help as well.
It sounds like my problem wasn't as bad as you are seeing but what fixed my problem was turning the Visual Effects within Gnome to "None". I think it's under Preferences -> Appearance and then the last tab I believe (I'm not in front of my box right now). Give that a shot.
kizer Wrote:I've tried lots of settings. Where is that shown? I've played a lot in Settings and in the Video section.

Thanks for the help as well.
If you hit m during play back then select video settings and from the list of options you
want the first one you can set it to deinterlace all videos by default or just the one your playing, hope this helps you sort your problemNod
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
Thanks guys. I ended up clicking the M button during play and then using my remote to highlight the video button.

Switched the deinterlace from whatever it was set to to auto and it seems to of cleared up the playback on DVD just fine.

Funny thing is I've been in that menu many times tinkering around and when I had this issue I never even thought about it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Scan lines while playing DVD0