Playlist help
After ditching WMC due to it's general sh1tness I'm running XBMC on two Vista PCs and am very happy with it.

I've billions of questions (due to my low levels of knowledge) but the most pressing one is around playlists and I apologise for the length. It's a general query, but I am running XBMC on windows Vista 32bit.

I've stored most of my media on a Freenas server. I've tonnes of MP3s and less than that amount of FLAC files on the server.

Ideally I mainly want to listen to FLAC files in the living room (due to quality) but will dip into my MP3 collection to hear songs I don't have as FLAC.

So at the mo I have a FLAC playlist and an MP3 playlist, both saved as favourites with the music library containing all MP3 and FLAC files.

Trouble is I'm still ripping my CD collection to FLAC so as I add new files I need to update playlists on both PCs or else I can't listen to them on the playlist.

Obviously the library automatically scans new media but that contains MP3 and FLAC files.

So my question is - Is there a way that I can automate the FLAC playlist to scan for new files each time I run it?

I've tried playing with the smart playlist function. I'm assuming there should be a method in there to check for files in a location and add them to the playlist. I'm also assuming Smart lists are dynamic so would update each time I run it.

Any help would be appreciated. Let me knwo if you need any more info.
I spent so long typing that question I didn't realise I probably found an answer.

I changed the smartlist settings to songs which "contains" ".flac".

XBMC was running the new changes in the background but very slowly, I thought it had crashed so posted my question.

Is there a more logical or faster way to do this than search for all .flac files?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Playlist help0