Sound And Video Slightly Fast
Question 
TV shows and music in particular...
Here's an example:
When I play Kenny vs. Spenny it plays slightly faster, so they sound kinda like chipmunks. It's not a whole lot faster, but it's noticeable, you can tell that it's not their real voices.
Also, the same for my music.

The music files are all .mp3, using LAME in XBMC live to encode.
And the TV shows are .avi

Could this be a codec issue? My movies play fine and some of my TV shows do too (.avi / .mkv)

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
I dont know about your music but a lot of TV shows are ripped at 25fps when they were broadcast at 24fps or 30fps. So a lot of times the sound is sped up a bit. See what fps these shows are running at. If they are 25fps try to get another rip at 24fps or 30fps and see if they sound the same.
Interesting.. Is there a fix for this within XBMC rather than re-ripping? Reason I'm asking is because they load fine using PS3 Media Server.
There isnt a fix. If they are loading fine within the PS3 then what I suggested probably isnt true. If it were they would play fast in all media players.
I'm still getting the same problem with music. It is playing slightly faster then it should. This is using MP3 and the LAME encoder. Plays fine on my computer, but not in XBMC.

Any ideas?
Thanks
Update: found the fix

set "hdmi" as "plug:hdmi" and it works fine now!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sound And Video Slightly Fast0