[LINUX] short lapse before end of each track when playing audio cd (CDDA)
When playing back an audio CD, there's always a short (about half a second) lapse of audio before the end of each track. I mean NOT between the tracks. After the lapse, the last one or two seconds of the track plays, and contiues to the next track gaplessly. The tracks are not shuffled.

This happens using either the analog or the digital output. When using the digital output, both my receiver and my external DAC indicates a loss of signal during the lapse.

In the situation above I set the speed of the drive to 8x to reduce noise. If I set it to 48x, it's even worse, because usually the player spins down the drive in the middle of longer tracks, and it takes several seconds to spin up. But the lapse happens whether the drive spins down or not, so these may not be directly related.

Maybe the sound buffer runs empty when the drive seeks before the next track. Can I increase the size of the buffer for CDDA playback somehow?

The lapses don't happen when playing audio files from a playlist. It's completely gapless (yay for that!).

I think everything is up to date. I use Ubuntu 9.10 and XBMC 9.11.
Can anyone check CDDA playback with digital output?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] short lapse before end of each track when playing audio cd (CDDA)0