Can't rip audio CD
I can't seem to find any way to commence ripping of the audio CD in the optical drive. The wiki page http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Ripping_CDs makes no sense. I have no "My Music" - only "Music", and there's no audio CD in it to open the context menu on.

Playing a CD and opening the menu (at the top) or the OSD player controls reveals a button to the right of the skip button which could be the record option. But it's disabled!

I've configured CD ripping, but regardless of the options I choose there still is no way to rip CDs! What do I do now?
Read stickies on how to post in a useful manner.

Thanks.
42.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
XBMC 1:9.11-karmic1. R26018
2.6.31-17-generic #54-Ubuntu SMP Thu Dec 10 16:20:31 UTC 2009 i686 GNU/Linux, installed through PPA, using Confluence.

Would hardware specifications be required, I could provide those too. Same goes for a debug log.
Yep.. Always provide everything that is requested.

Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
Also, your issue may be related to http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/8026

Try SVN.

Perhaps my original post was somewhat unclear.
My issue is about not being able to rip CDs. I can play DVDs and CDs just fine, so I don't see how bug #8026 is related. There is no menu option anywhere for ripping a CD. Nor does the record button on the remote work. The documentation appears severely deficient in describing this function.

AMD Sempron 2800+
1 GB RAM
Gigabyte GA-K8N51GMF motherboard with GeForce 6100 GPU
Hitachi HDS728080PLAT20 80GB drive
NEC ND-4571A optical drive

Is there any other information that would be helpful in pointing me in the direction of a solution, just ask..

Very grateful for any suggestion!
Still missing that debug log. Please provide all the required information even if you don't think it is. Basically, there should be some option in the context menu to rip.

You should also list what options you have in the "context" menu when you highlight the audio cd. Oh ya.. if you don't have an "Audio CD" option, then add a source for it.

I did not have an audio CD source, as my first post indicates.

But since you confirmed such a source should exist, I googled and came upon this thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=31022 in which it is suggested to use cdda://local/cdda for source when adding the CD. So I've finally got the optical drive present among the music sources, and CD ripping is now possible. Thanx tslayer!

One final issue with CD ripping though.. How can I set up so that ripped tracks are saved in a directory with the artist name? E.g. "(recordingpath)/Artist/Album/Track.mp3". Right now it's saving all the ripped tracks in a directory having the album name.
Don't think there is a way.. There may be a trac ticket already.

So there is.. http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/1074
Five years old, with two duplicates..
Obviously low on the radar Smile

Patches welcome if you really need/want it!

Believe you me - patches would have been submitted long ago, had I known any C!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't rip audio CD0