Duplicate entries in Music Library View?
I changed my organization of folders in my network drive recently (e.g. Yorn, Pete to Pete Yorn) and then attempted to update my music library. Now there are duplicate entries for all of the songs in those folders which remain even after I performed the "clean library" function. How to get rid of these?

EDIT: power cycling and cleaning library a second time seems to have done the trick...
I'm experiencing the same issue, duplicate entries in the music library. Strangely, this is not happening for all albums but just for some of them. Also, as already said, cleaning the library doesn't fix it.

Trying now with the suggestion to clean twice with power cycling.

Also, in general, I wonder what "clean library" is expected to do. I mean, if I clean the library while in file mode and immediately after, when cleaning is complete, I turn on the library view, I still get all the genres, artist lists populated... so, is cleaning broken or doing something different?

Thanks,
Davide
Duplicate entries are due to multiple paths that resolve to the same path that XBMC doesn't know about. Usually due to having a smb path that includes user/pass and one that does not. Either way the files exist, so clean library won't remove them.

Check your db file in sqlitespy or similar - look in the path table.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thanks a lot for answering.

In my case I have just one smb source and I see the duplicate entries for just some albums, not all of them.

Besides, how is it possible (with 9.11) to have a smb path that includes user/pass?? I'm aware of the removal of the smb default user/pwd in the settings (in 9.11) and now I can't find any way to set the user/pwd.

I'm also trying to remove the source and re-adding it but I don't find the possibility to specify user/pass in the process and I'm not being asked anything... what am I missing?

Thanks,
Davide
Just browse to the share in file mode. It'll prompt you for a user/pass if needed, and you may save it at that point if you wish. Nothing more, nothing less.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

Hi Jonathan,

Already tried but with no success. When browsing, in file mode, for adding a source I'm not asked anything!

Could it be due to the fact I upgraded from 9.04 instead of running a clean install?

BTW, I'm running 9.11 on aTV.

Thanks,
Davide
Then either the source already has user/pass specified, or the source doesn't require a user/pass.

Note that I said nothing about _adding_ a source - I simply said that you needed to browse to it from file mode.

Hi Jonathan,

The source (NAS) does require a user/pass. RE the possibility that the source already has a user/pass specified I don't think so, as I was re-adding the sources after the upgrade to 9.11.

I guess the only thing is to restart from scratch by restoring the aTV to factory defaults and then installing XBMC 9.11, do you agree? Any better suggestion?

Thanks,
Davide
Why did you have to re-add the source for 9.11, when those sources already existed in your library? You've likely done something incorrect during the update (probably when trying to fix a problem), but I can't guess at what it might be.

Your best bet at this point is to blow away your user data and start again. You don't have to reset to factory defaults, though that will probably do the trick.

Hi Jonathan,

At first, thanks for your valuable support.

I actually found out my issue that was related to my setup rather than a XBMC malfunction. My NAS was actually set to grant access to everyone (as you were mentioning Wink) When I removed this option XBMC started asking me user/pass when connecting to the source.

Now, even-if a little off-topic with this thread, I have another issue - hope you can help me again: when asked for user/pass I set them and checked "remember settings". Now, what if I need to change the user? Even removing all the sources to the NAS, when I re-add one I'm not asked anymore user/pass.... how can I clear those smb credentials?

Thanks again.

Ciao,
Davide
Hi Jonathan,

Done the hard way: removed the passwords.xml in the userdata folder.

Anyway I'm seeing a strange behaviour: even removing all the sources (of any kind, video, music and picture) I see that the entry for the server/share is still present in the passwords.xml. This persists after relaunching XBMC.

To be sure of the above I've checked the sources.xml and passwords.xml files directly (after shutdown and relaunch): I see a user/pwd for a server that is not related to any source.

What I'd expect in the 9.11's new user/pass management stuff is a check to be done as a last action when removing a source. If the removed source is the last source related to any server entry in the passwords.xml then this entry has to be removed. Do you agree?

Do you think it would it make sense to submit as a feature request (via trac I guess)?

Given the general case (like mine) where you may have many users defined on the NAS but just one to be used for XBMC, the use-case is exactly when you need to use a different user/pass WRT with respect to what you may have already inserted (and checked to remember) previously. Now, IMHO, the only way to fix this is to remove the passwords.xml file.

Looking forward for your opinion.

Thanks,
Davide
Anybody had the chance to see this?

TIA,
Davide
I've been trying to get XBMC to re-read and update the tags in my music files as I have cleaned them up. After updating the library XBMC still displays the tag info that was in the files before I cleaned them up. Will clean-up library resolve this? If not is there another way besides deleting the database and rebuilding it?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Duplicate entries in Music Library View?0