[LIVE] XBMC 9.11 dies (crash?) on subtitle change
Sad 
Hi there,
it appears I found a bug in XBMC 9.11.
I am running Ubuntu 9.10 32-bit (generic-pae) on a ZOTAC GF9300-G-E with an Intel E3200 and 4G RAM: i686. I have followed this guide for installing it, though I had to skip the "Envy Next Generation (NVIDIA or ATI drivers)" step because the linked file does not exist.

Here are the facts:
- I have a movie.
- It has English and Hungarian subtitles, both in SRT format.
- The English subtitle is plain text.
- The Hungarian subtitle is in Unicode format, including the 0xFFFE preamble.
- When I start playing the movie, the English subtitles are loaded by default and the movie is played just fine.
- XBMC does detect the second subtitle file: I can see that there are two subtitles from the menu.
- The moment I try to change the subtitle (by clicking on the up or down button), XBMC closes and throws me back to the login prompt in the command line (crash?).
- Don't know whether it has anything to do with it, but the weather page shows no info at all after reboot (I have to force refresh manually).

NOTES:
- I converted the Hungarian subtitles to plain text (loosing the international characters), XBMC works fine then.
- The Unicode subtitle works perfectly under the Windows version of XBMC.

Log file is here. I am new to Linux and XBMC, so if you need more logs or info, please give precise instructions about where and how can I find them.

Thank you for fixing.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE] XBMC 9.11 dies (crash?) on subtitle change0