[LINUX] "Lock settings"+slow performance
I've recently installed XBMC on Ubuntu 9.10 (fresh installation with no other programs installed) on a new computer (ASUS M4785D-Pro motherboard, don't remember the CPU-speed, 2 GB ram) with a SSD drive. Ubuntu boots on about 10 seconds from pressing the button at the computer chassi, so the hardware should be sufficient.

The problem is that XBMC works extremely slowly – when you don't see a film or listen to music it's acceptable, you have to wait for about half a second when going through menus, and the mouse lags a bit, but it's not a great problem. When playing a movie however, everything slows down enormously. It takes seconds for the mouse pointer to move at all, when pressing the pause button the film runs on for a few seconds before it stops...

I've also got another problem. I've got all my movies on another computer, with Windows XP. I've added the folders by using SMB, but the problem is that a screen called "lock settings" keep appearing on the screen, where I'm asked to type username, password and decide if I wan't xbmc to remember the settings. It doesn't matter what I write in the box, it keeps reappearing. It doesn't however come directly when starting XBMC, it takes some minutes before it first appears.

Anyone got any tip? As it is now, XBMC is totally unusable, since it works extremely slowly and also shows this annoying screen three times each minute...

/Niklas @ Sweden
I might should add that this occurs both in library mode and ordinary mode, hence doesn't the solution suggested in this thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=58769 help. I load all my movie information from imdb.com.

This thread: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=497690 suggests putting up a ftp-server, but I would prefer using smb.

Regarding the slow performance, videos plays smoothly in vlc, so my graphics card (the internal one on the motherboard) should be sufficient for using xbmc.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LINUX] "Lock settings"+slow performance0