No Sound with Acer Aspire Revo 1600 with HDMI
Hey all, I am having an issue. I am running XBMC on both Windows and Live versions on my Acer Aspire Revo 1600. I'm using HDMI cable for both audio and video. When I play a video without Dolby Digital, it works just fine.

When I rip my DVD's I use Handbrake to encode my files. They are MKV's and I leave the audio untouched. They work fine on my Macbook Pro, but can't seem to get them going on my Revo.

Under windows it tells me to check my audiosettings. Under Live, it just simply is silent. I basically have no linux knowledge, so please let me know what to do in as easy of steps as possible Smile
See if this helps.
Like I said, I have no idea how to do anything Linux

How do I type anything? It boots directly into XBMC.

This is what it says to do. Would I save this on a different computer, FTP into my XBMC, then run this somehow?
Code:
1. download the script and save it somewhere
2. cd <your-download-dir>
3. tar xvf AlsaUpgrade-1.0.22.1-2.tar
4. sudo ./AlsaUpgrade-1.0.22.1-2.sh -d
5. sudo ./AlsaUpgrade-1.0.22.1-2.sh -c
6. sudo ./AlsaUpgrade-1.0.22.1-2.sh -i
7. sudo shutdown -r 0
Well, I have decided I guess I really don't need windows. I'm erasing windows and putting Ubuntu on there, so I think I'll figure it out with the linked guide.
dooceswild Wrote:Well, I have decided I guess I really don't need windows. I'm erasing windows and putting Ubuntu on there, so I think I'll figure it out with the linked guide.

I dont know if thats a great idea by your previous posts. Wink
ASRock ION 330 • XBMC Live 10 • Harmony One Remote • MCE IR Sensor • 6TB NAS
328iGuy Wrote:I dont know if thats a great idea by your previous posts. Wink

I'll figure it out. Got it all working with Ubuntu, got Boxee running fine. Now if I could just figure out how to get it working on XBMC I'll be happy. Can't be too far off. Now if I could get my wife off of the TV...
Csimbi Wrote:See if this helps.

Followed it to a T, nothing still.

Also tried following this guide, and still nothing.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=59877

speaker-test -Dhdmi -c2 -r48000 -FS16_LE <-- returns sound just fine from LR
speaker-test -Dhdmi -c6 -r192000 -FS32_LE <-- no sound at all

What am I doing wrong?
speaker-test -Dhdmi -c6 -r48000 -FS32_LE <-- Sound from LR and nothing from any other speaker
Not posting nearly enough information.

See my sig and be sure to include full details, including what kind of files your playing, audio settings in xbmc, how its connected, if your using an amp/receiver, etc...
dooceswild Wrote:Well, I have decided I guess I really don't need windows. I'm erasing windows and putting Ubuntu on there, so I think I'll figure it out with the linked guide.

Hold on. This is the Linux forum. What is it about Windows?
Csimbi Wrote:Hold on. This is the Linux forum. What is it about Windows?

Winbloze! Nod
ASRock ION 330 • XBMC Live 10 • Harmony One Remote • MCE IR Sensor • 6TB NAS
Csimbi Wrote:Hold on. This is the Linux forum. What is it about Windows?

I uninstalled Windows. I installed Ubuntu.
prae5 Wrote:Not posting nearly enough information.

See my sig and be sure to include full details, including what kind of files your playing, audio settings in xbmc, how its connected, if your using an amp/receiver, etc...

My Apologies. I'll provide as much information as I can for now, then more when I get a chance to get back on the system

I am running a fresh (as in installed last night) install of Ubuntu 9.10. I installed this by downloading the image file from Ubuntu's site, then using Unetbootin to install to my USB drive. I booted then hit F12, selected the LiveCD option, and installed over the old operating system, deleting all of the partitions and making Ubuntu my only OS.

I am running XBMC 9.11. It defaulted to the MediaStream Skin.

My system is as follows:

Acer Revo is connected via HDMI to my Vizio LCD TV. My sound is then output via TosLink to my Pioneer receiver, which has DTS and DD capabilities.

As of last night before following the guides, I was able to play everything in Boxee (albeit it was not playing in Dolby Digital) and after following the guide previously linked, I was no longer able to play my files with DD in them. I was never able to play them in XBMC.

The files in question are my DVD rips. I have ripped them using DVDFab to my hard drive, then used Handbrake to encode them. They are MKV files with h264 and Dolby Digital AC3 Passthru.

The files play fine on my Macbook Pro with XBMC installed, and they output via my toslink cable just fine.

That's all the information I can give for now, I'll follow the guide on your signature a little closer when I get a chance later this afternoon.
328iGuy Wrote:Winbloze! Nod

I was going to write WinDOS, but that would imply a decent cmd line...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No Sound with Acer Aspire Revo 1600 with HDMI0