Cannot boot from an external cdrom on Zotac machine?
I bought a Zotac (it has no installed OS) and made a mistake by installing xbmc-9.11-live-repack on to my entire 160GB hdd. Now I want to make a dual boot (windows/xbmc) and the problem is I cannot boot from an external cdrom. Everytime I do a reboot, system boots right from its hdd and loads xbmc.

Please help me how to boot from external cdrom?

Thank you very much and I really appreciate your help!

Kinh
hepp..boot sequence is set in bios. Make sure CD is before HD or hit button for boot list when booting.
This is nothing to do with xbmc or linux.

(also if you are trying to boot win xp to create dual boot you will get a problem. You probably need to read up on bios and dual boot before you continue and break your system)
Vikjon0,

I know what you meant and I know all that. The problem is I don't see any menu to show when booting up such as Hit DEL to enter set up or F12 to choose which one to boot from.
It only show the menu from /boot/grub.

Have you ever tried to boot from cdrom with the system has only xbmc live or linux install? This is my first time and I really don't know.
Quote:It only show the menu from /boot/grub.
It is before that. If there is not enought time to see the instruction you will have to try some keys. Like you say.... F12, del, F1, F8, ESC one of those might work,

Or check the manual online for your box.

Yes, I have tried it and I cant imaging there is something wrong. You just need to find the right key.
Thanks alot, Vikjon0. I tried all of them and it worked with F11. I am so silly. I should try all these instead trying to modify grub to boot from cdrom in vain.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cannot boot from an external cdrom on Zotac machine?0