Additional FTP 'site' commands
instead of speccing these out you should make the site command access the xbmc builtin commands.

these are the same commands available from python, keymap.xml, and the webserver.
that's what we've been talking about pretty much the whole time actually.
Cool
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
(gamester17 @ may 19 2005,12:45 Wrote:...and while you're at it how about updating to latest filezilla point release code (currently 2.2.13c)? Confusedaint:
that would be terrific!
but the current release is 0.9.8a, 2.2.13c is the filezilla client version Smile
ok guys, i have this feature implemented and working in my local build, but it took me a while to realize it was actually working - apparently the site command is not a supported command in the standard ms ftp (from the command line) - is this possible?

every time i try to use a site command from my command line i get "invalid command." finally, after realizing that wasn't an error returned from filezilla, but simply a client error, i tried a simple telnet session, and found that the site command is in fact working on the server side.

so what ftp client do i need to use in order to call site commands natively? is this meant to only work in a telnet session?
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
flashfxp supports it via raw commands, ctrl+r
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

:bump:

gglaze, would be nice if you could keep us all updated on your progress...

new filezilla [ ]
site commands [ ]
boost mode [ ]

Shocked
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

when i used evox as my dashboard i could in flashfxp write
Quote:execute c:\funnyprogram.xbe
and have it start without having to see anything. i try this in xbmc and the command is unrecognized. does filezilla simply not have this command (maybe something equal?) or is it possible to activate it?
yay for reading? Shocked
the feature is not in yet - i am testing it out now, and it will be in very soon.
:bump:

btw, whats with these 10 seconds visits to efnet then quitting? Rolleyes

hmm, really? must be my g/f logging in on my profile in trillian, and then switching over to hers...

anyways, tough week at work, planning to get online this weekend and make some progress on this. are you sure you don't want me to go ahead and get the site commands in now, before i finish merging in the new filezilla stuff? i could put the site stuff in right away - it's pretty simple actually.
not sure it's such a good idea to add stuff to our current ftp. it *may* be stable now (that we finally found the serious bug).

maybe better to have the old ftp "as is" and use the new ftpserver to add experimental stuff to instead. btw, it's upto 0.9.6b now, and the bug jmarshall fixed has been added to their cvs.

i believe that in the ms ftp client, you can do a "literal site...." command, which will send it in raw format. might be something to try.
Star 
(pike @ july 01 2005,16:47 Wrote:btw, it's upto 0.9.6b now, and the bug jmarshall fixed has been added to their cvs.
filezilla are moving fast ahead and already released 0.9.8c which seems to contain jmarshall's bug-fix "sometimes file downloads aborted prematurely leading to incomplete files"
(yaroz @ july 01 2005,16:57 Wrote:i believe that in the ms ftp client, you can do a "literal site...." command, which will send it in raw format.  might be something to try.
i've used "quote site whatever" forever. does the same thing as literal and works on ms's ftp.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Additional FTP 'site' commands0