[WINDOWS] HOWTO configure EventGhost to use all of EeeBox Receiver's buttons
Star 
Hi,
I found a way to setup EventGhost to use all the EeeBox Remote buttons, including the coloured ones.

The remote uses a keyboard simulation for the main keys (1 to 9, arrows, enter) but you will need to trap other generic HID events to get the other buttons.

The buttons are assigned to different HIDs, so you need to add multiple Generic HID plugins to grab all the events.

When adding a Generic HID plugin the config window will show four Entries named "Philips Spinel fur Asus": these are the different HID devices that the remote shows up as. The plugin will handle the selected one.

So, the setup:

- Add a Keyboard plugin: this will trap the keyboard simulating buttons
- Add 4 Generic HID plugin one for every "Spinel fur Asus" row, and set a different prefix for each of them (something like HID_1, HID_2 etc): these will get the other buttons
- Add the XBMC control plugin, and let it create the actions folder.

Press some button on the remote and check that the corresponding event appears in the log.

If you select raw data in the HID plugin setup you will get two events per press, one for button down and one for button up.

Press the button that you want to map, and drag the logged event to the desidered XBMC Action macro.

I have no access to the EeeBox now, but I will post some screenshot to illustrate this stuff asap.

Good luck,

g

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] HOWTO configure EventGhost to use all of EeeBox Receiver's buttons0