What's that?
from xbmc cvs archive:
xbmc.vcproj 1.53 7 hours monkeyhappy add registery emulation files to xbmc project

whuss thet stuff?

tencs! :-)
monkey wants add support for quicktime movies
the plan is to use the original windows quicktime dlls, but these dlls normally only work under windows, not on the xbox
so monkey is busy emulating windows so the dlls work
registry emulation is one of the things needed

frodo
XBMC Project Founder (Retired), now head programmer of MediaPortal
fine. that could be very useful for other things too.
thats awsome monkey. :d first win2k memory emulation, then regystry emulation and maybe com emulation soon.
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
are you going to emulate windows crashing and such too? :d

seriously though, finally i'll have a way to view realplayer and quicktime without having the respective players installed on my pc (that stupid thing started up every time i logged on until my last reformat - i vowed never to install realplayer again).

also, are there any other useful applications for this other than quicktime (aka other proprietary codecs, other non-codec-related stuff, etc.)? or is this particular sub-project more of a one-trick dog so to speak?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What's that?0