[MAC] OSX Display Sleep overrides XBMC and shuts off Music
I noticed that the OSX screensaver and energy saver settings override those of xbmc. I set my display sleep to 5 mins for when I'm not using xbmc yet while playing music in xbmc after 5 mins the display sleeps and cuts off any music that was playing. Music playback resumes if I move the mouse or press a key on the keyboard.

Davilla mentions in this thread (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...ep+display) that xbmc overrides the system level screensaver and presumably power settings as well...well that's not the case with me.

I've also noticed that if I set Display Sleep to "never" and in its place set the OSX screensaver to 5 min that during xbmc music playback the OSX screensaver will turn on at the 5 min mark (again contrary to what was said in the thread above).

Is this a bug? I've copied my settings below and I have a debug log saved (though I can't seem to be able to attach it to this post).

XBMC settings:
Put display to sleep when idle: Off
Shutdown function timer: Off
Shutdown function: Quit

OSX settings:
System Pref. > Energy Saver > Display Sleep: 5 min
System Pref. > Energy Saver > Computer Sleep: 30 min

*Edit* the following bug report is similar to what I'm experiencing: http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/8276
This bug is still alive and well on XBMC 10.1/OSX 10.7.3

Playing music from my Mac Mini to my Sanyo television through HDMI, XBMC doesn't override OSX Energy Saver preferences.

After ten minutes of keyboard inactivity, screen goes blank and audio cuts out.

After connecting an external DAC to the Mini, it's apparent that the music is still playing.

Hitting any key restores output to the television set.

I'm afraid that this is a showstopper for me as far as XBMC goes, which is a pity because I really want to use it.

This bug does not exist in Plex.

Also, I can't log into the XBMC bug tracker, or I'd have added an addendum to the ticket above.
Yes, I have exactly this problem using a mac mini and xbmc eden. Is this really a bug or is there some way to correct this in OSX settings etc?
I want to use xbmc for music playback and its pretty much impossible at the moment!
it's been fixed in mainline code
Ok, so updating to a nightly build would solve this problem?
yep
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Many thanks Memphiz. Music/sleep problem resolved with a recent nightly build!
Video playback also seems a little smoother all round.... ?
we bumped the version of ffmpeg ... so for software decoded video content there indeed might be some improvements
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[MAC] OSX Display Sleep overrides XBMC and shuts off Music0