Streaming HD content via gbit connection
Hi folks,

I am new to XBMC and this forum so you will have to excuse my lingo. I already tried posting this in the general help and support section but I never got an answer.

I recently purchased an ION 330 nettop for my new ENTPC which is currently connected to my TV. My old ENTPC is now in the office acting as a file server. I plan to stream all the content to my new nettop via gigabit switch (my house is wired). When transferring files through my home network I get speeds of up to 50MB/sec.

I've added all my content via network share function in XBMC on the nettop. The media shares are hosted on the file server. I can stream non HD content fine but HD (BluRay rips - anything over 4.5GB) is a bit choppy.

Is there a buffer function in XBMC that I can enable for streaming content through the network?

Thank you in advance.

a 100mbit lan is enough
my wlan @100mbit works to
u need 35mbit max without overhead
54mbit wlan is to slow sometimes on very high bitrate streams
I play .ISO mounted Blu-rays using powerdvd9 launched from XBMC and those are 40GB+.
All of my .ISOs DVD, Blu-ray and HDDVD all reside on a Network Attached Storage Device, aka a file server, and my LAN is 1gb.

It sounds like your file server may be having problems streaming your content.

Have you run a hard drive defrag on your file server?

Is there drive access while you server is at rest?
If so, there could be another program hitting the file server hard drive causing the poor performance.

What happens when you copy the files locally and play them?

What OS are you running XBMC on and how much ram do you have?

XBMC 11: EDEN | XBMC | HDDVD+Blu-Ray ISO playback & Blu-ray player
PC - HTPC CASE: APEX DM-318 Black Steel MB: ASUS M3N78-EM/NVIDA8300 | CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ RAM: 2gb DDR2 1066
HD: 70gb(System) DVDROM: LG GGW-H20L Blu-Ray/HDDVD OS: Win7 | NAS: 3-terabytes(RAID 5)
nemke Wrote:I am new to XBMC and this forum so you will have to excuse my lingo. I already tried posting this in the general help and support section but I never got an answer.

You asked at 17:46 yesterday and less than 12 hours later you're saying "I never got an answer".

I've answered your post in the General Help forum. Your nettop doesn't have enough horsepower to play 1080p using the Windows version of XBMC.

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Streaming HD content via gbit connection0