[AppleTV] Electrical power consumption running Apple TV with XBMC?
Question 
Hi all! Wink

I know that with it's own sw Apple TV eat from 14W to 20W per hour while in stand... something change with XBMC installed? Has it a different power consumption (compared with the original sw) while is in playback?

thank you
giorno Wrote:Hi all! Wink

I know that with it's own sw Apple TV eat from 14W to 20W per hour while in stand... something change with XBMC installed? Has it a different power consumption (compared with the original sw) while is in playback?

thank you

No, according to my kill-a-watt which measures the power consumption, 20-23 watts, regardless of what's running or not.
thank you!

and in standby?
giorno Wrote:thank you!

and in standby?
a
Quote:according to my kill-a-watt which measures the power consumption, 20-23 watts, regardless of what's running or not.
I have got an energy meter and the Apple TV always uses about 23Watt. No mater if it is running idle, full speed or turned off software style
MBP late 2009 - TimeCapsule 2TB - Harmony One+ - Readynas NV+ 8TB RAID5 - Mac Mini late 2009 with 10.9.0 and VDA - Panasonic TX-PG420ES -
AppleTV has no standby.
So does this mean I may as well leave xbmc running all of the time if it's the only thing I use? The only reason I turn it off is to put the Apple TV in "standby" (no led on the front).
in so called standby it is consuming the same energy Smile

so no economical need in standby mode
Standby only makes the screen switch off if absence of signal is detected
Question 
...so there's no way to switch it off to 0kw (zero) without unplugging it physically?
correct
Just as a suggestion for anyone who is worried about power consumption. I have mine hooked up to this smart switch surge protector so that it cuts power whenever I turn off my receiver. It'll then boot up whenever I turn power back on to my receiver. Cold boot if you have XBMC set to auto-launch is around 20 seconds, so not really too bad.

Just a thought

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0006PU...B0006PUDQK
See this post here : http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=67732

I followed the instructions, no problem.

That's a good sign, since I am a simpleton.

I have no way of knowing, but I assume it's safer to shutdown as much as possible, unmount shares etc prior to pulling the power.
AFTV Stick 4K
AFTV (Gen 1)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV] Electrical power consumption running Apple TV with XBMC?0