Filter by movie director in video library mode? ...like already possible via actors?
Question 
On the movies detail screen, you can go to the cast and click on an actor. That will show you a list of all the movies you've got with that actor.

I've tried to also click on the director on that same movie information screen, but that doesn't bring up a list of all movies by the director. Is there a way of doing that?

Thanks in advance,
Tomas
use the library node.
I am using the library mode, but haven't figured out how to do this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I don't want to sort my movies by director. I want to browse, stumble over "eyes wide shut", notice that it's a Kubrick movie, think "naah, not this one, but he is good, let me just see what else I've got by Kubrick" without having to go back to the overview, change the sort order, browse down to K. In short, I want to see Kubricks name and then be able to just click on it.

Cheers,
Tomas
then you have to submit a patch.
What does that mean, spiff? Is there a button on my remote called "patch" ?

Or are you saying that it simply isn't possible the way the application is written? Is this something I might stumble across if I were to try out weird (and wonderful) skins, or is it core functionality that just isn't there?

Sorry for all the questions, but I'm relatively new to this scene.

Cheers,
Tomas
it means it's not supported, and that you will have to code it up yourself. it's certainly doable but nobody added it.
Ah okay. Well, in that case I'll stop wasting more time trying to figure out how to do it ;-)

Thanks a lot for the heads-up.

Cheers,
Tomas
I've always wondered why the director isn't selectable for a search like actor. Didn't it really come to anyone's mind while coding or using Info screen yet? This would be much welcomed feature.
From the movies list in Library mode hit backspace and you will havea list of folders which are genres / actors / directors and so on click on the director of your choice and it will display a list of all films he has directed in your library like it does with actors.
Hope this helpsBig Grin
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
Thanks paul , but I think we are aware of that. Unfortunately browsing through hunderds of director's isn't that comfortable like clicking on director in movie details if you're already there Wink
Well sorry for trying to help out a fellow user maybe you should state what you have tried in future, ungratefull sodStare
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
Ehm... SunnyUK already explained in his following post that he doesn't want to go the way you've supplied afterwards. He asked about movie information screen, that's all...
Cheers ezechiel1917. It's nice to know I'm not the only person who would like to have this easy way of jumping through movies.

A bit strange, come to think of it. An index is soooo 1830's. From then onwards, everybody thought it was easy to go look things up in an alphabetic index. Then 150 years later, some dosey scientist in Bern came up with this crazy idea of hyperlinks, allowing you to jump around in a pool of knowledge without having to always go back to the index and start from scratch. A few billion internet users soon found it to be very convenient.

Maybe one day it'll be included in XBMC as well Wink

Apart from that... XBMC is great. I'm grateful for all the effort that has gone into making it such a wonderful application.
Old request bump!

Smile
Kodi: Kodi 17.4, with Transparency!
50 TB Unraid Server: Docker Apps: SABnzbd, Sickrage, mariaDB
HTPC: Win10 (cause Steam), i7, GTX 1080
Watching on: Panasonic TC65-PS64 with lowend Sony 5.1 HTIB
Other devices: rMBP 15", MBA 13", nvidia shield
spiff Wrote:it means it's not supported, and that you will have to code it up yourself. it's certainly doable but nobody added it.

It's been some time since this feature request got any attention. I would love for someone to add it, am incapable of 'coding it up' myself.
Anyone up for it?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Filter by movie director in video library mode? ...like already possible via actors?1