• 15(current)
Wake-up from standby makes movie playback stutter
I'm still having this issue with a clean build of Frodo RC3.
(2013-01-17, 00:16)dquille Wrote: I noticed today that the Trac ticket was closed a while ago for this issue with a reason that the ticket is old and obsolete. This issue does still exist (I have to restart frodo rc3 every day if I want to watch shows smoothly), and I'm sure many are still hoping for a real fix.

Hi , I had forgotten all about this app , used it a few times in my WMC days... I think your link is broken tho ... try this one

HDMIyo

However, I prefer this solution called 'StandbyHelper to react to the PC or monitor going to
sleep...

Not a fix ,but a good work around.
Issue is still very much alive even in the latest Gotham beta. I noticed that when the issue happens, the playback fps goes beyond what the actual fps of the video file is. For example a video that is 23 fps will be played at 50-60 fps. Restarting XBMC will fix it and the file would play at a constant 23 fps smoothly.
Can you capture a debug log when this happens?
I get this as well in Gotham, upon resume notice the menus don't scroll smoothly and video playback is slightly choppy, have to exit and restart XBMC to get it playing good again.
I recently switched back to keeping XBMC running to see if the bug is still there and I can confirm again that it is happening on Gotham 13.1 on windows.
I've also been able to capture a debug log this time. Please see line #1609 in the log where the problem starts to show itself.

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=239129
Same here in Windows 8. It happened with Frodo in Windows Vista too. 32-bit OSes, Nvidia 8600GT video, up-to-date drivers.
same here, windows 7, xbmc 13.1
(2014-08-28, 14:10)Boulou Wrote: same here, windows 7, xbmc 13.1

Try 14.0 Alpha 2. This bug seems to be fixed, at least for me right now. I've been running for 13 days 10 hours and the video frame rate is still smooth as it was after my reboot.

I am a very happy happy camper. Nod
Well if it has been fixed, it was certainly by accident Smile
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2014-08-30, 07:37)Martijn Wrote: Well if it has been fixed, it was certainly by accident Smile

Well it's been powered on constantly for 42 days 12 hours, and the video is still smooth and constant. I love this "mysterious" fix. Smile

But I am having an issue with the system stats stating "busy" for about 20 seconds when my wireless network is disconnected. I remedy it by minimizing XBMC and reconnecting my wireless adapter. But this issue may be known or will need a whole new thread.
I'm also glad to confirm that ever since upgrading to Kodi 14 RC3 the issue no longer appears after leaving Kodi running indefinitely. It has been 2 weeks and I have not experienced any stuttering whatsoever.

Thank you to all developers that contributed to this fix.
is this relay fixed as It is such a pain in the ass I have scripts running so that when I put xbmc into sleep mode and then wake the pc up I had to have a script run so that it would kill xbmc and then reload it as soon as I came out of sleep as I always got jerky video after a few hours of leaving ixbmc in standby as for some reason xbmc always needed to be restarted after a wake on windows 7 to prevent this.

is would be great on windows 7 if its been fixed as I could remove them scripts and kodi will be ready to use straight away

do you use windows 7 ? has anyone had the same results on windows 7
anyone tried this is it 100% fixed ?

cheers
No stuttering for me... but then again I've never seen what's being described here.... perhaps a particular set of graphics drivers that some of you use?
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Wake-up from standby makes movie playback stutter5