• 3(current)
Wake-up from standby makes movie playback stutter
I've noticed this as well. I'm going to try to post a log once I get home (at work.) I've also noticed (from the most recent SVNs all the way back 20xxx builds) that the skipping may be related to scaling. For instance, I can start some videos and turn the codec info on and watch the FPS. Assuming it's a 24fps film, given enough time it will start to slow the FPS. It doesn't drop any frames, it will just slowly wind down to "23.5" and then eventually "23" and the video will start skipping. It seems Lanczos3optimized causes this faster than bilinear, but either way if I go into the video settings and switch from whatever the scaling method is to another it will temporarily fix the problem.

Again, I'll try to post the logs when I get home.
Here's a log for the behavior I describe above.

http://pastebin.com/Phj7RuLP

While this isn't necessarily triggered by wake from sleep, it seems to be happening fairly consistently with various files I have. It happens during the last file played in the log. I will try to post a log for the stuttering that happens when you wake from standby as well. That behavior is much more sporadic, so it's hard to catch.
I suffer the same probs and and will stay tuned for a guru to identify a solution before the wife shuts down my project.....
Can anyone comment on whether or not this is still happening to them? In the latest builds (SVN/Dharma) I'm still noticing about a 50/50 chance that when I wake my HTPC from sleep, there will be a slight stuttering during playback of all videos (doesn't matter what the format/if it's local or streaming/etc.) It happens every x amount of seconds, so it will play fine for five seconds, have a slight pause, play fine for five seconds, have a slight pause, and continue to do this until I sleep my HTPC and wake it again. I'll try to grab a debug log tomorrow, as I'm really hoping this can get fixed before the stable release of Dharma.
This behavior is present for me for over a year of builds.
I have this same problem on two different machines, both running windows.

Mine isn't triggered by going into standby - just having xbmc open for a few days is enough to make video playback stuttery. The stutter is variable, sometimes it's barely noticeable and sometimes it's very bad - this could be linked to the amount of time it's been open but I don't know.

The fix for me is to reload xbmc, I don't have to reboot or anything like that. It does mean I have to have a keyboard plugged into that machine instead of using the android remote though.

Cheers
Yeah same here. I so miss the restart xbmc option from ages ago.
This happens to me on my Shuttle XS35GT running Ubuntu 10.04 and Dharma Beta 2. Using newest Nvidia drivers 260.
This issue is still present with Dharma B4. Here's a debug log:

http://xbmc.pastebin.com/q5DD4N9Y

Devs, let me know if any further info is needed.
I'm also experiencing choppy playback issues in Dharma beta 4, although I don't think mine are related to waking from sleep.

The source doesn't matter, whether it's a rip from one of my blu-rays, or a SD TV show downloaded from the internet.

PC specs are Core i3 550 w/ integrated graphics, 4 GB RAM, Corsair Force SSD.

Here is a sample log playing back my personal rip of Toy Story BD: http://xbmc.pastebin.com/fG27YB3i

The same file plays back fine in MPC-HC, Windows Media Center, Windows Media Player.

Please let me know if you need any more information. Thanks!
I've been dealing with this for a year (since my 1st install 9.11). Happens on XP, Vista, Win7, and different types of hardware. Doesn't matter if it's DXVA or SW decode. XBMC just stutters after wakeup. I deal with it by using Autohotkey to map a remote button to kill and relaunch XBMC when that happens. But it'll be nice if they fix it.
Same here with dharma on xp sp3. Please fix it soon.Sad
I've been having this issue for some time, but for some reason, I'm now unable to reproduce it. I was going to post a debug log and thought it would be prudent to update both my video drivers (nVidia 260.99 for ION) and to update from beta4 to rc1 of Dharma.

Could this have been fixed in RC1 or in the nVidia drivers? Anyone run the same setup, but still having issues?
An update to my previous post. I have now been able to reproduce the issue and I'm suspecting it has to do with how long the computer has been asleep. If I just put the computer to sleep and wake it a minute later, my videos play just fine. However, if the computer has been asleep for say 20 hours, it's a different story. I'm going to confirm this tonight and post a debug log.
I have been using XBMC for ages and have had this issue for a LONG time. I agree completely with the previous post in that this bug is related to how long your PC is sleeping. If its a few mins and wake - all OK. An hour and it stutters!

My box is a 3Ghz duo, 2 G RAM and intel HD GMA 4500 with a G45 motherboard.

Never posted before, so hope this helps - this is the one bug that I would love to see the developers fix.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Wake-up from standby makes movie playback stutter5