• 4(current)
Wake-up from standby makes movie playback stutter
I have i3 530, 4 GB of ram, with H55 MB and another one with atom single core w/ ion.

I first thought it was my HTPC that was making the mess which made me rethink about HTPC's. I never had such an issue with Media players...

But then I found this thread. I do not have MCE compatible remote in i3 HTPC, so I thought I wouldn't be able to use eventghost to automatically exit XBMC when hibernating and getting it to auto start after wake. I tried this yesterday, and wham. It works like a charm. No stutter. Well... minimal as in microstutter once in 10 seconds? Then again, it might be the source. MUCH better than before.

For those want an immediate fix, just use eventghost and edit the settings to your liking.
ssy080 Wrote:For those want an immediate fix, just use eventghost and edit the settings to your liking.

ive done this myself for a while now. nothing else has fixed it.

win7 x64, revo 3610.
Here's a debug log:

http://pastebin.com/3iE9tbcJ

I started playback at 23:45:22 and it was choppy. The FPS for the 23.976 FPS clip I played fluctuates between about 22.8 and 24.9 FPS. Restarting XBMC solves the issue. In other words, I don't need to reboot the machine.
Same here, would be nice to have an option (under system setings a tick box) to automatically restart xbmc each time it wakes up. Would do for me as a complete fix, no need for headbanging a wall to find the core issue.
There's some activity regarding this in Trac: http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/10628
Rickard Anderss Wrote:There's some activity regarding this in Trac: http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/10628
That´s great! I really hope someone nails this one, it´s the only "flaw" i suffer from nowadays.. Nerd
Htpc 1: Intel E8400@3GHz : Gigabyte GA-G33M-DS2 G33 : Nvidia 9400GT : Antec Fusion V2 : MCE Remote : Windows 7 64bit : Dharma : Confluence : 1920x1080
Htpc 2: Zotac Zbox HD-ID11 : MCE Remote : Windows 7 64bit : Dharma : Confluence : 1920x108
Automatically restart isn't an option 4 me. My htpc have to run 24/7. With standby sometimes. I don't wont click menus all the time.
I can confirm this problem. It occurs if the htpc is for a long time in standby.
But in my opion it only occurs for sd content playback that is not DXVA2 accelerated, but I'm not shure.
For me on I3 Platform everything works normal after restarting xbmc.

Is there a way to automaticly restart xbmc after resume without using eventghost. I'm using the MCE-Plugin so I think I can't use eventghost.
Any progress on this issue?
This is the number 1 bug for me that qualifies it almost unusuable right now.
I don't understand why this issue hasn't got the highest priority there is as I think a lot of "he my video stutters or doesn't play right" issues are actually this one on windows.
I also have this issue using Windows MCE 2005; it was present in both 9.11 and the current release. It happens to me when I just leave xbmc idle for long periods between use, and only a computer restart will fix the shutter. Note that I don't use any sleep functionality in windows as it seems to always cause problems after waking up. I was really hoping this was fixed in the new release Sad
Quote:This is the number 1 bug for me that qualifies it almost unusuable right now.

Absolutely.
Agreed it's my #1 issue also.
Wow.. I've been using XBMC for a LONG time now, and had hoped that although this problem (which was in Camelot and all Dharma betas) would be fixed in the final. Nope.. Same problem with mine.. I get my HTPC sleeping and waking nicely, the only problem is the video playback stutters after waking. Closing and restarting XBMC "fixes" the issue. I don't want to sound like I'm complaining...heck, the devs have worked to create the best media interface i've found. Hopefully there will be some work done to remedy this problem to make XBMC even better (for those that suffer with this).

Thanks!
decepticon Wrote:Agreed it's my #1 issue also.

+1
The most annoying bug xbmc have by far.
and here another one with this really annoying problem (w7/dharma).

is it possible that the reason for the stuttering is a windows or directx problem? i came from mediaportal to xbmc and i had the same problem with mediaportal after sleep and wakeup. maybe its possible to reinitialize directx after wakeup?

nicx...
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Wake-up from standby makes movie playback stutter5