How to hook up to TV clarification
before i get the wrong wire i have a TV with s-video , and a pc with VGA and DVI w/ TV-OUT

i need like a 6 foot cable (average sized)

using the dvi to s-video looks to me like im gonna need a converter...using dvi to rca looks like its gonna work as long as the dvi has tv-out correct?

will DVI to RCA cable work or is there more complications

i dont care about quality as long as its acceptable
If the PC has a graphics card with TV out then all you need is an s-video cable.

The TV out on GPU's looks like an s-video connector or sometimes its a multi function output with a breakout cable for s-video, component or composite.
gavno Wrote:before i get the wrong wire i have a TV with s-video , and a pc with VGA and DVI w/ TV-OUT

i need like a 6 foot cable (average sized)

using the dvi to s-video looks to me like im gonna need a converter...using dvi to rca looks like its gonna work as long as the dvi has tv-out correct?

will DVI to RCA cable work or is there more complications

i dont care about quality as long as its acceptable

The problem here is resolution and frequency for the display device. Converting the DVI or VGA to video is not easy without a conversion device. You can adapt an Svideo output to video but your best option is to use a video card that has the highest compatible output to the display. If your display has RGB then use a DVI to RGB or a VGA to RGB cable. If you have to use composite output you may sacrifice quality as it will be limited as to the resolution. Most new TVs have VGA or RGB and you may even use DVI to HDMI.. Video cards are not expensive as some cables..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to hook up to TV clarification0