Using Xbox 360 wireless controller as remote 4 Xbmc?
I have seen tutorials on how to use Xbox wireless controller as a remote control for the HTPC/Xbmc. The more I read about xbox 360 controllers as remote control for xbmc the more sure I am that one need other hardware. I really thought I could use a regular USB wlan dongle but that will not work. Even when I follow the tutorials in here.

I read another tutorial online a couple of weeks ago, and due to a chrash I did not bookmark the tutorial. And now I can not find back to it :-(

In that other tutorial I am pretty sure they mentioned to get an USB thing for the Xbox 360 controller to make things work. If I remember correct I think it was a USB wireless thingy. The extra hardware was needed for the Xbox 360 wireless controller to be able to communicate with the pc/Xbmc.

If you know what tutorial I mention pls give me a link, or maybe you have connected your xbox wireless controller and can help me out and tell me what to do and what tutorial you used to make it work.

I am using ubuntu 9.10 and xbmc.

Edited:
Will this hardware work for me when using Ubuntu rather then windows Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver for Windows?
So the 360 wireless controller uses different system them regular wlan?
Come on pls help me out.

What do I need for the Xbox 360 wireless controll to work with Xbmc as a remote controll?

Surely I am not the only person wondering about this?
google or search, plenty out there

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Xbox360Controller
Thx a lot for the reply. You helped me a great deal here. Now I am sure it will work as soon as I have the new hardware.
Turns out the Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver for Windows is needed rather then the usb wlan dongle I tried to use.

So by this weekend hopefully it is all ok.

Btw. Anyone solved the battery saving issue?
Is there any way to get the xbox controller to go into sleep-mode when not in use to save battery?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Using Xbox 360 wireless controller as remote 4 Xbmc?0