• 1(current)
Work in progress...
so what's going on behind the scenes?

lots and lots of small layout tweaks have been made
and along the line some bigger features have been implemented:
  • Added skin support for PVR
  • New weather pages: 10 day forecast & hourly forecast
  • Option to disable views (should save some RAM on low memory systems)
  • Fully customizable submenus for the home menu

currently i'm almost finished with one of a few new views.

this one is inspired by a mockup phyek posted last year.
i'm actually quite happy with the result myself:

Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Every day the skin improves by leaps and bounds, as evidenced in the constant development in the svn repo. I am impressed by how sleek and stable the new additions are to the skin.

The wallview looks brilliant, and I am sure you have some other treats up your sleeve. Thanks for the progress report, Ronie.
Ronnie the work you have put into this skin is amazing, I look forward to seeing the new results, will this be the new ver 2.12??

Paul
would it be possible to rename the menus?

the idea, is that my "tv shows" and "movies" menu items are for already-sorted stuff, while I'd like to use the "videos" menu as my temporary storage location for stuff. like any BASIC media player, simply filenames and play.

Maybe rename it to "downloaded", or "NEW"

personally, a VERY cool feature would be that when you highlight an episode/movie, that after a few seconds your entire fanart background turns into a preview, playing 3-5second bits of the selected video in the background
The Wall view looks absolutely amazing. Great work, as always. Can't wait for the new release.
runefire Wrote:would it be possible to rename the menus?

the idea, is that my "tv shows" and "movies" menu items are for already-sorted stuff, while I'd like to use the "videos" menu as my temporary storage location for stuff. like any BASIC media player, simply filenames and play.

Maybe rename it to "downloaded", or "NEW"

the main menu items can't be renamed...unless you modify the skin code.
but you can create several custom submenu items for Videos and point them to separate folders. for instance 'Home Videos' 'Documentaries' 'Unsorted', etc..

runefire Wrote:personally, a VERY cool feature would be that when you highlight an episode/movie, that after a few seconds your entire fanart background turns into a preview, playing 3-5second bits of the selected video in the background

not possible in xbmc.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
OOOoooOOooo purty!

Hanging out for the new version!

On a side note, I recently setup a media box for my mum and after going through the plethora of skins available, even she thought Transparency was the best! lol
Hi Ronie,
I noticed the wall view for music videos has been canned and is for movies only in the latest SVN.Sad
My music videos section is populated with live DVD rips and it looked cool with the wall view.
Any tips on modding it back would be appreciated.
Steveb Wrote:Hi Ronie,
I noticed the wall view for music videos has been canned and is for movies only in the latest SVN.Sad
My music videos section is populated with live DVD rips and it looked cool with the wall view.
Any tips on modding it back would be appreciated.

in View-Wall.xml, change:
<visible>Container.Content(Movies)</visible>

to:
<visible>Container.Content(Movies) | Container.Content(MusicVideos)</visible>
Cheers for that Ronie, I use fanart view for movies, so this lets me enjoy the great job you did on the wall view Wink
Thanks again..
A few questions:

1) Again, the wall view looks fantastic. But, and this may be stupid, considering there are icons on every side how would you access the side menu from here? (edit: to clarify, I'm not using the beta. Just saw the picture and wanted to ask.)

2) Any chance we could get a hint or anything about the other new views, if any? Big Grin

really excited about this new release.
arcanefixation Wrote:A few questions:

1) Again, the wall view looks fantastic. But, and this may be stupid, considering there are icons on every side how would you access the side menu from here? (edit: to clarify, I'm not using the beta. Just saw the picture and wanted to ask.)

well, it may not be a wall view in the traditional way like other skins have,
this one allows you to browse your movies by navigating left and right.
'up' will take you to the menu and 'down' to the (hidden) scrollbar.

arcanefixation Wrote:2) Any chance we could get a hint or anything about the other new views, if any? Big Grin

alright, since you asked... ;-)
i've started working on something new last night, so it's still in the early stages.
the old 'icons' view will be replaced by this one and will feature those much requested dvd / blu-ray cases (credits to DR. Stranger):

if you pause on a movie in the list, the case will open (credits to Sharpe and djdafreund for the animation code) and show you the inside, including an image of the actual disc:

arcanefixation Wrote:really excited about this new release.

me too. ;-)
AWESOME,TERRIFIC!!!!

... as ever...

Oliver
Simply amazing. That's the only view I'm missing in Transparency! - I could live without the Blu-ray/DVD cases though (any chance they may be optional?)

Transparency! is simply my favorite skin out there as it is simple and fast (my setup can play 1080p videos without any issue but the XBMC menus are slow in skins like Aeon and Alaska)

Leep up the good work ronie.
That look s fantastic, can't wait to use it! Excellent work.
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Work in progress...0