• 2(current)
Work in progress...
It's looking good, Ronie! Will the case opening be made optional? Also, will we see the cases in the other views (esp. Fanart)? Oh, I have a few movies that are HDTV rips, will those be getting a third case or are you just sticking with DVD & Blu-ray? I'm pretty sure that in one of the other threads I saw an HDTV case...
nitio Wrote:I could live without the Blu-ray/DVD cases though (any chance they may be optional?)

KevinSartori Wrote:Will the case opening be made optional?

sorry guys, i'm not gonna make every image or animation in the skin optional.

nitio Wrote:Also, will we see the cases in the other views (esp. Fanart)? Oh, I have a few movies that are HDTV rips, will those be getting a third case or are you just sticking with DVD & Blu-ray? I'm pretty sure that in one of the other threads I saw an HDTV case...

in time, i may entirely replace the old dvd case with these...but i think it's gonna be a long and slow process (much work, low priority).

in fact i do have a (red) hdtv case. all i need now is an easy and reliable way to detect whether a movie is a blu-ray rip or hdtv recording.

any ideas?
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
The filename way is one way...xxx.bluray.mkv, xxx.hddvd.mkv, etc....but I don't think the majority of users use the filename way. Or I assume your using VideoResolution to detect the cases, maybe assigning 540 for HD-DVDHuh
That was my thinking too, go for filename. My DVD rips use SDDVD, my Blu-ray rips use BluRay and my HDTV rips use, well, HDTV. I just assumed that everyone added that to their files if it didn't already have it.

nice
DR. Stranger Wrote:Image

Those templates look familiar, I could have supplied you with hi-res ones

shit, my apologies DR. Stranger.
i always try to make sure i credit each and everyone for the artwork / code i use from other people.
but this one slipped my mind. sorry mate.

btw. i'm sure there's much more people interested in your hi-res cases. i've spend a fair amount of time hunting these forum for templates and although there are several available, your design stands head and shoulders above the rest.

if i'm not mistaken, the general assumption was you've given up on these...
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Hey ronie..Since you already are working one the same thing, should i stop modifying the view.xxx files like here?
Hi Ronie!

First of all, congratulations to your latest changes!!

Yesterday I tried your latest SVN (with yesterdays Xbmc-build) and I have the following issue:

When updating movie/music library, there is no status-info on the screen.

Best Regards
Ernstl
macchina Wrote:Hi Ronie!

First of all, congratulations to your latest changes!!

Yesterday I tried your latest SVN (with yesterdays Xbmc-build) and I have the following issue:

When updating movie/music library, there is no status-info on the screen.

Best Regards
Ernstl

it's due to this xbmc bug:
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/8733

it was fixed last night.
ronie Wrote:well, it may not be a wall view in the traditional way like other skins have,
this one allows you to browse your movies by navigating left and right.
'up' will take you to the menu and 'down' to the (hidden) scrollbar.

alright, since you asked... ;-)
i've started working on something new last night, so it's still in the early stages.
the old 'icons' view will be replaced by this one and will feature those much requested dvd / blu-ray cases (credits to DR. Stranger):

if you pause on a movie in the list, the case will open (credits to Sharpe and djdafreund for the animation code) and show you the inside, including an image of the actual disc:

me too. ;-)

I can't wait this new build! I want to test it! OoOo
Thanks a lot for this awesome skin! Very good job!
mcborzu Wrote:The filename way is one way...xxx.bluray.mkv, xxx.hddvd.mkv, etc....but I don't think the majority of users use the filename way.

KevinSartori Wrote:That was my thinking too, go for filename. My DVD rips use SDDVD, my Blu-ray rips use BluRay and my HDTV rips use, well, HDTV. I just assumed that everyone added that to their files if it didn't already have it.

i gave filename detection a shot but it's a definite no-go.
it's sucking up way to much cpu power (it increased from 38 to 80% at my end),
so i'll stick with dvd and bluray only.
ronie Wrote:so i'll stick with dvd and bluray only.

Probably for the best. No use adding complexity to the skin if the results are not that important.

On the regards of it being optional I don't think it's a problem. It's already a crystal case so looking at DVD/BD cases might be much cooler Wink
Hi Ronie

I'm a fan of your work and a truly Transparency! fanboy. The cases are really beautiful. Nevertheless, let me say that it would be even better if they are optional. Some people may prefer to see only the movie poster, without cases.

My case may be a more particular one. I have in my movie collection many ripped movies and some actual blu-rays. Then, specificaly for the blu-rays, I change manually the movie poster to a image of the blu-ray case. Then, as I navigate through the collection, I can know what is ripped and what is an actual blu-ray.

Maybe my case is very particular, maybe not. But even so I think you shoudl consider that some people won't like the cases.

Good work. Big Grin
jgslima Wrote:Hi Ronie

I'm a fan of your work and a truly Transparency! fanboy. The cases are really beautiful. Nevertheless, let me say that it would be even better if they are optional. Some people may prefer to see only the movie poster, without cases.

My case may be a more particular one. I have in my movie collection many ripped movies and some actual blu-rays. Then, specificaly for the blu-rays, I change manually the movie poster to a image of the blu-ray case. Then, as I navigate through the collection, I can know what is ripped and what is an actual blu-ray.

Maybe my case is very particular, maybe not. But even so I think you shoudl consider that some people won't like the cases.

Good work. Big Grin

it's been requested a dozen times before and so far my answer has always been: "no, disabling the cases is one thing, but a lots of adjustments
will have to be made to make the views look good without the cases"

but now, with the new cases in place, things just might look fairly ok without making any changes, apart from hiding the cases.

i'll look into it.
Perhaps we could read something from the NFOs to determine which type of case to use? I ask mainly because in my TV Series section, some of my seasons/episodes are TV rips, some are HDTV rips, some are DVD rips and some are Bluray rips. Some are even Web downloads (iTunes style). It would be nice to have different cases for each of these, and as filename parsing is out due to the CPU usage, perhaps we could do it through the NFO files?

They'd only need to be read once, and the info maybe stored in a file somewhere.

Just an idea.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Work in progress...0