• 1(current)
Initial native support for DXVA2 in SVN - Time to say goodbye to your firstborns
cause elupus just claimed them all ;P

http://trac.xbmc.org/changeset/27376
I just compiled the very latest SVN and WOW, DVDPlayer DXVA works almost flawlessly. The only issue I have run into is a green screen with MP4s containing H264 and AAC audio (which elupus stated was a problem in the TRAC). The cool thing is the scalars, smoothvideo, and subtitles work with it. Now we have two choices for DXVA (DVDPlayer or DSPlayer)! You guys are awesome!
Sony 75X940C, Yamaha RX-A3050, 2 x Martin Logan Motion 60XT, 1 x Martin Logan Motion 50XT, 2 x Martin Logan Motion FX, 4 x Martin Logan Motion 4, 2 x Rythmik FV15HP, Sony X800 UHD Player, Nvidia Shield TV
Plex Server: Intel Skull Canyon NUC, 16GB RAM, 512GB Samsung 950 Pro
NAS: Synology DS2415+ (5 x 10TB, 2 x 6TB, 5 x 4TB)
Yeah quicktime trailers also have a green screen so its not perfect yet but a nice start
Is it correct that this provides DXVA2 support, not DXVA1, and therefore requires DX10, not DX9?

If so: is it correct that installing DX10 on Windows XP (which seems to be possible) would make DXVA2 support available on Windows XP, and therefore provide h/w accelerated video and working subtitles on Windows XP?
Nice work!

comments:

- Don't link staticly with DXVA2 since you will get "DLL not found" under XP systems.
- Its better to use a render target texture that to render to the back buffer.
brulsmurf Wrote:Is it correct that this provides DXVA2 support, not DXVA1, and therefore requires DX10, not DX9?

If so: is it correct that installing DX10 on Windows XP (which seems to be possible) would make DXVA2 support available on Windows XP, and therefore provide h/w accelerated video and working subtitles on Windows XP?

DXVA2 need DX9, not DX10. You can't run on XP since it requires a different driver architecture.
Excellent work. Now I have the ultimate HTPC thanks to XBMC and the Boxee team.
is automatic refresh change working ?

with dsplayer not..

thanks!!

BHH
HDConvertToX, AutoMKV, AutoMen author
It,s not working for me with Intel G45, with Boxee/MPC/HC it is working !
I tried with my laptop Nvidia 8600 and there it works.
buzzqw Wrote:is automatic refresh change working ?

with dsplayer not..

thanks!!

BHH

Can't get it to work on my set-up (Vista X86). DXVA partial success with some files - others have a mixture of green pixelation, solid green line along the top inch (approx) - all are x264 encodes in mkv containers.

Those that playback flawlessly - do just that and I have seldom witnessed cpu load at anything over 5% on 1080p encodes - ATI HD4670. Full subtitle playback as well.

I know that elupus mentioned on TRAC that "Decoder is not enabled by default as it still has issues." - but Auto Detect dosen't function either.

Superb work so far.
autodetection is what's meant by 'not enabled by default'.
Thanks - my bad.
So, just so we get this out of the way here...is there any chance of adding in "official" XP support, or is DSPlayer (which may or may not be folded into the official branch) how that will need to be done?

BTW, before anyone points this out...I fully appreciate the fact that XP is quite old, so the added effort required to add XP support probably won't happen. But you should expect others to ask about this, because it just so happens that the arguably best bang-for-the-buck XBMC PC released recently is the very popular and inexpensive ION-powered $200 Acer AspireRevo 1600. Which just so happens to come with XP installed.
no, there's no chance we'll add xp support. dxva1 requires that you use directshow. you'll have to rely on dsplayer.
Which Videocards are supported ?
Is it only ATI and Nvidia and not Intel graphics ?
Or is Intel work in progress ?

Compliments for making XBMC better and better !
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Initial native support for DXVA2 in SVN - Time to say goodbye to your firstborns2